GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one tried these? It sure could provide some extra space.

Sexy they may not be but only two pair will take you around the world! The finest, most practical, comfortable travel underwear you`ll ever own. Fast-drying and sweat-defying, they will neither chafe nor bind. This patented fabric wicks away perspiration better than cotton to keep you cooler and drier in the summer and warmer in the winter. Wash in a hotel sink and hang to dry overnight. Eureka, a fresh pair by morning!

Features: Stain, odour and bacteria resistant fabric Dries fast - wash at night, it's dry in the morning Electrostatic wicking action speeds moisture away. Lightweight and long-wearing - it keeps its shape and appearance Secret pocket - sorry guys, we tried

Fabric Story: A patented lightweight polyester fibre that wicks away moisture and dries quickly. Stain, odour and bacteria resistant. It will keep its shape and appearance longer than traditional cotton.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
How big is the "secret" pocket?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Answer

Is this a review or an add to sale, NEITHER. It was an honest question about a product that is available.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Has any one tried these? It sure could provide some extra space.
There are many other less-expensive products out there that provide similar "wicking" antibacterial material, with all the same features and comforts. One example is the sports underwear that you can buy at WalMart. I used to buy UnderArmor at $39 for a pair of shorts. Just as good at WalMart..., $9. Tilley and UnderArmor have to come up with something exceptional to justify the cost. In the current times, people just aren't going to buy something just because it has a particular label.

Fabric Story: A patented lightweight polyester fibre that wicks away moisture and dries quickly. Stain, odour and bacteria resistant. It will keep its shape and appearance longer than traditional cotton.
Not sure what they have "patented", but there's at least a dozen other products out there making the same claim. ;)

C

·
0 Posts
I have the had 3 Tilley hats, (Lost the first 2), and the Tilley VOMP (vest of many pockets).
All have serverd me WELL.
NOTE: tilley hats have insurance where if you lose them, or they are destroyed they will give you prorated off on the new one you buy.

The T2 is a little hot, but all around the best hats I have ever owned
so I can guess that their other items are of similar quality.

·
Registered
330 Posts
As you may know these are made in canada and the penalty we pay for that is they even after the exchange are more expensive up here than in the united states

they are great though. We have gone directly to the factory in toronto and bought them there.

Safe riding

A

·
0 Posts
I have a nearly 25 year old Tilley hat. Some of the best money I've ever spent. Don't know about their drawers as I'd have to buy two and sew them together. That makes them a bit price-prohibitive.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Walmart use to sell Bell Compression shorts, but they now sell Easton brand which IMHO is better than the Bell brand. A pair now goes for $11 down here and are well worth it on long hot rides. Under Armor is way over priced for what you get.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Link?

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Walmart use to sell Bell Compression shorts, but they now sell Easton brand which IMHO is better than the Bell brand. A pair now goes for $11 down here and are well worth it on long hot rides. Under Armor is way over priced for what you get.
I think that's the name, John. I bought several pairs last summer and at that time they were a bit cheaper. Damned inflation... :lol:

·
Registered
855 Posts
try LDComfort.com for the real deal :thumbup:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Under Armor. Using it for years and IMHO they are the best out there regardless of the price. Old saying, "Comfort Has No Price".........
I have both..., but since getting the K-mart stuff, the Under Armor has been relegated to the back of the underwear drawer. I find the K-marts much more comfortable on a long or short ride. We all have different tastes..., but in this case, I find the cheaper ones to be better than the expensive ones.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I love my Tilley hat. Prior to my "Out West" trip in 2007 I researched quick dry underwear and socks. I found I didn't like the Tilley briefs. Instead, I found Exofficio briefs at a local hiking/camping shop which I find to be the most comfortable underwear I've ever worn. On the other hand, the Tilley socks are the most comfortable socks I've ever worn.

ExOfficio underwear can be found here:
http://www.whitehorsepress.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=briefs&search_in_description=1

Not cheap, but very good value.

Arthur

p.s. I've never seen sales on Tilley gear. However, CAA members can get 15% off of Tilley gear sold in CAA outlets in Ontario. Perhaps AAA members can get the same discount when visiting CAA stores in Ontario.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
where in a walmart store do they have these wicking underwear

which department

i have asked numerous times and no one has ever heard of them

1 - 20 of 24 Posts