GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the tilt sensor is used in conjunction with the turn signals, (among other things,) how are they compensating for centrifugal force? Are they using a laser gyroscope, or some other method?

·
Registered
536 Posts
If the tilt sensor is used in conjunction with the turn signals, (among other things,) how are they compensating for centrifugal force? Are they using a laser gyroscope, or some other method?
No, there's no laser gyroscope. The tilt sensor is connected to the "proprietary conbobulated harmonic phazer signal." See post below from another thread by Mike Lowary. :)
Well. I don't know how long you have owned an 1800, but by now you should be aware that you have not been chased by any dogs while riding this beautiful machine. Bet you never even noticed it until now, huh? It transmits (via a proprietary conbobulated harmonic phazer signal) at a frequency that only dogs can hear and scares the bejesus out of them if they even come within 50 feet of a moving GL1800. (Incidently, that are hard at work on a suicidal deer repulser, even as you read this.) You should notice upon closer inspection that this Canine Canceller is shaped like a ...dog bone. Not a coincidence, I am sure.

·
Registered
762 Posts
No idea how the tilt sensor is designed. But the tilt (bank) sensor is not used for cancelling turn signals; it's only used to cut the engine should the bike go over too far. A separate angle sensor is used as an input to the turn signal cancel circuitry. It can be found between the forks. AFAIK, it's a potentiometer and the turn signal cancel circuitry reads a varying voltage over the pot...as soon as the voltage goes back to normal after a turn, the turn signal is cancelled.

HTH,
Arthur

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sunkist,

That makes sense. I really need to get off my duff and buy a shop manual from Hal...

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Stormbringer said:
Sunkist,

That makes sense. I really need to get off my duff and buy a shop manual from Hal...
WHAT?? Someone as smart as you doesn't have a shop manual yet?!

It's like a Bible for the bike! :wink:

I'm still working on memorizing mine - there's a lot of pictures, slows things down... :D

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plead guilty! I haven't done any internal installs yet, so it hasn't been an issue...

I'll do it! I swear! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts