GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2005 Goldwing with a Hannigan conversion. I now have over 65,000 miles on it, and most of the miles are highway miles. I've never had a bit of trouble with it and was wondering what to expect in terms of how long I can expect to keep it going. I keep it serviced regularly and take long trips with it - and do town driving very rarely. I'm planning a trip to Alaska next summer (from Oklahoma City). Any thoughts? Thanks for everything. Becky

·
Registered
739 Posts
I don't think there's any rush to trade for quite a while. Two whee GL1800 are still doing fine with 250 to 300 thousand miles on them. The trike kit should give you way more the 65K since you service it regularly. Even if you really thrash and abuse it when you ride I'd think 150K at least.

Shoot, I sure hope I get at least that. I converted my '06 just a few months ago with 73K on it. I now have 78K an fully expect to keep it many years. ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Hi Becky, got over 122,000 miles on mine now and still going strong. I think you still have many miles to the smiles ahead of you. Enjoy them all and ride safe.:thumbup:

As for Alaska, try the Rides and Trips board for info and also, try the search feature and type in Alaska. Many riders from this board have gone and there is a lot of good in formation on here about their trips. Have a blast.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Becky,
Sell me that trike that has SO MANY miles on it for a deal to just get it off your hands and go get a 0 miler.:joke: That trike is not even broken in yet. Lots of life left in that one...

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
The yellow '01 shown here just turned over 200,000 miles and is still going strong. Has had nothing more than normal maintenance and the usual parts that need replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts