GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@gwhobo have you seen what the weather guessers are predicting for next Wednesday, July 24th? It can't be true can it??

We really need to make some plans! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Wait.... What...??

You guys are just mean! Rubbing it in like that!

Interpretation: JEALOUS!

WISH WE WERE THERE!

:thumbup:

Reactions: Monk

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yup, if this forecast holds up it could easily turn into a 2 or 3 day ride!!:laugh:

How would you like that, @revrunt......we'll think about you>:)

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what happens when two old guys have been stranded at home in the heat. Heat advisories recently have been the rule rather than the exception. Today we decided to make up for that misfortune!!

I got in 417 miles of mostly twisty road riding today. To say I'm tired is an understatement. But it sure was a lot of fun ... great route, wonderful weather (82 was the highest temp I saw) and a good friend to share it with!

At Clinton @gwhobo took backroads over to Russellville on his way home. Other than that difference we covered the same real estate. :thumbup:

Below is the route for the day.

·
Registered
166 Posts
This is what happens when two old guys have been stranded at home in the heat. Heat advisories recently have been the rule rather than the exception. Today we decided to make up for that misfortune!!

I got in 417 miles of mostly twisty road riding today. To say I'm tired is an understatement. But it sure was a lot of fun ... great route, wonderful weather (82 was the highest temp I saw) and a good friend to share it with!

At Clinton @gwhobo took backroads over to Russellville on his way home. Other than that difference we covered the same real estate. :thumbup:

Below is the route for the day.

Soooo...got the high temp, but what was coolest when ya’ll got a little elevation?

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I left the house the temp was in the low 60s. Had to put on a long sleeve shirt and didn't have to take it off until we got to Berryville.:thumbup:

·
Registered
352 Posts
It was a great day of riding with perfect weather.......for July!!!!!!

62* was the lowest temp I saw, early this morning.

I was showing 415 miles...pretty close to same mileage, @Monk
Considering we live about 25 miles apart. :thumbup:

Looking forward to next time!!! :wink2:

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Our friend Bill from Texas and I put in right at 500 miles today, about 275 in the Black Hills(which should be called the Green Hills this year,as they’re lush and flourishing with greenery). Got as far as North Platte tonight and headed home for a few days beginning tomorrow... our temps were a bit higher than yours, as we hit the mid 90’s most of the day.

Love following you guys’ adventures! You have too much fun!

:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts