GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to put new shoes on the old girl (2006)

What is the current, most popular, rear tire. Currently running a Pirelli Winter Snowcontrol RF.

Only got 10,000 miles out of it. These Tennessee twisties are tough on mileage.

Thanks

Burt
Retirement is the best job I've ever had!

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,612 Posts
I think it all comes down to a trade off between mileage and handling. I use the SnowControl because I like the handling in the curves. Tires that give you good mileage typically don't handle as well. Currently I get around 6,000 +/- out of a SnowControl on the roads here in the Ozarks.

While I've never tired one, I would suggest giving the Bridgestone Driveguard a try. While they don't handle as well as the Pirelli, several people who play in the curves have reported they like them pretty well and they do last longer.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Good news if you stay with the Perelli, they were still making the SC last summer.
I recently purchase a extra one with the manufacturer date code of August 2019.
I‘ve only used one other brand of DS, but have become partial to the Pirelli Winter Snowcontrol RF because of the handling performance and the symmetrical look.
I’m averaging about 8K a tire, which was about the same milage I was getting with a rear motorcycle tire but at half the cost.
I'm hoping to get south soon to break my new one in.😁

·
Premium Member
1,545 Posts
Many choices out there. Your Snow Control, the Driveguard, and the Pirelli P1 are very popular, and all are run flats. I run the P1 on my 03, currently with 14,000 miles on it with at least 2 or 3,000 more left in her. Great in the wet or dry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts