GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of looking for a good camping trailer to use with my wing. I have email'd them twice asking some questions and have not received any response. I found the 'cheap' Time Out in SC and am thinking of going that direction. Seems like exactly the same trailer and seeing that Indiana hasn't responded, makes me think that they are a distributor just like South Carolina.
Anyone have any input on either camper? Was looking at all of the ones that I can find (Rollahome, etc.) and I like the layout of the Time Out but if this is any indication of the service after the sale, I may look elsewhere. :shrug:
Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
256 Posts
timeout trl.

fkiehner-- i have a good timeout i'm trying to sell. Look's like we'er kinda far apart. maybe we could work something out I'm asking 2500,it;s in good shape. My email is in my profile ph# 337-369-7406

·
Registered
657 Posts
Time Out Trailer

Frank,

I recently purchased a new Time Out Trailer from a dealer in Gastonia, NC. I am very pleased with the camper and the dealship. I found they had the best price around. I am presently out of town if you can not find information on the dealership just pm me and I will send you the information when I return home in a few days.

Barry

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am in the process of looking for a good camping trailer to use with my wing. I have email'd them twice asking some questions and have not received any response. I found the 'cheap' Time Out in SC and am thinking of going that direction. Seems like exactly the same trailer and seeing that Indiana hasn't responded, makes me think that they are a distributor just like South Carolina.
Anyone have any input on either camper? Was looking at all of the ones that I can find (Rollahome, etc.) and I like the layout of the Time Out but if this is any indication of the service after the sale, I may look elsewhere. :shrug:
Thanks in advance,
I can answer any questions you have on Roll A Home!
Visit our website at www.rollahome.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
I live within 25 miles of their shop in Elkhart and I can assure you that they are not "just a distributor". As to why they are not answering your mail, I have no idea. Perhaps a phone call 800-600-7671 will get them to send you the info you are seeking. I am not a big fan of Time-Out campers, but that doesn't mean they aren't any good. Good Luck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just bought a timeout at americade and I'm having second thought's on it now. Been dealing with water leaks when it is closed up and now the top would not close on the thired time of setting up. Only slept in it two nights now. It was a two person job to get the top to close up tight so I could tow it home. Hope you have better luck then me. And the table screws are starting to rust. I will replace them with stainless ones.
NYjerry

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've had my Time Out for about 3 years now. My impressions:

Good: Pulls great for it's size. Among the largest when set up. No problem with head room. Plenty of cargo space, inside and on top.

The bad: Access to cargo when on the road is limited. Cargo must be removed to set up, this is a problem only if setting up in the rain. Closing the floor/lid by yourself could be a problem if you have a bad back or legs.

Cautions: The wheel wells are plastic and extend through the floor. Don't step on them. The bed legs are not adjustable to the ground. Parking site must be level, choose carefully. You can't just pull off the side of the road and stay awhile.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks in advance,
This is the link that I used. I ended up buying an Aspen Classic best move I have ever made I think.

http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191582

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
We've got about 12,000 miles on our 1 year old Timeout tent trailer and haven't had any issues with it. We purchased through a rep living out of his 5th-wheel and several weeks later a crate arrived at our house. The only maintenance I do is putting on new tires before each big trip (they're cheap insurance).

The air conditioner isn't big enough to cool when the afternoon sun is beating down on the trailer but that's my fault as it is an un-insulated tent. I got a 5200 BTU but it needs bigger, more like a 10,000 BTU. When the sun isn't on it, the A/C works great at cooling and removing the humidity from the air.

We've been rained on and have suffered some pretty strong winds but the Timeout makes it through each time. We have added a couple of fluorescent light bars from Walmart. We got the rubberized bag for the top and stuff it full. We also bought the extra room and it's great as a garage for the Wing. Instead of the air mattress that is supplied, we went to REI and bought two 3.5 inch camp pads and two REI sleeping bags. We sleep great. Wife and I have gotten real good at setting up and taking down camp and can get it done in about 20 minutes.

The whole rig tows great and I sometimes forget it is back there. The mileage is about 34mpg.

We love staying at KOA's and other RV parks and folks are always coming to our campsite to see our RV.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks in advance,
I bought an Aspen camper from Trailmaster (www.trailmasterinc.com )I am very happy with it and the service that I got before or after the sale. Call Peggy at 800 398 9090

·
Registered
232 Posts
I bought a Fibco camper back in 1988. I pulled it behind my GW and EG. It's 400# when loaded so you have to be careful when stopping. The canvas and frame are holding up well. I added a box on the tongue so I had to move the axle foward a couple of inches to keep the tongue weight down. It pulls straight as a arrow but I only pull it with my truck now..the Shadow is a little lite on HP. If I ever get a trike, it would make a great camper. Send money!!!!!:lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts