GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used Time Out Camper with 8" wheels (Thanks Harold) I was reading and found out that time out sells 12" wheels on their campers. I have a set of 12" wheels and attempted to fit the bigger wheels to the trailer. Unfortunately the wheels did not fit into the wheel wells. (The wheels do fit onto the wheel hub but the tires rub the wheel well just enough) Does anyone know if there is an adjustment to the trailer to make them fit or is this trailer an older model that does not allow it? I'm not 100% sure of the model year but I think its 2006. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I can't directly answer your question but I recently purchased a used Time Out...I had some questions about the camper and emailed Time Out directly...I was surprised that I received a detail response within minutes answering all my quesitons and providing me a manuel for the unit.

I must say, I was impressed with the Customer Service at Time Out and therefore recommend you email your quesitons to them and I suspect you will receive a detailed reply.

Good luck and enjoy

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Not really knowing for sure ,this is just a guess . Shimming up axle between frame may work .:shrug: like a camper lift kit :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
If you keep the bearings greased and in good shape the 8" wheels and tires will work for many years. The camper is light enough the tires are not being overworked as they would be on a boat trailer where they started getting a bad rap.

I have 8" on a cargo trailer and have pulled it several thousand miles loaded to about 350# with never an issue.

If you must have the 12" you can space the axle from the spring with metal blocks and longer bolts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I contacted Time Out and apparently the 12 inch wheels are compatible with the Time Out Deluxe camper only. I don't need 12" wheels bad enough to modify the frame and such. (I just had a set of wheels laying around and thought it would be nice) Time to move on the LED lighting.

Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts