GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at Time Out XL1800 trailer. Anyone got any comments on one? Seem reasonably priced, and within 4 hours from here to factory.
Thanks.

·
Registered
581 Posts
My TimeOut is GREAT, don't know its back there and you can't beat the price.

Ken L.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've got the Dart as pictured above but with the nose piece/cooler. Lightweight, excellent suspension. The bike hits bumps but have never felt them from the trailer in 3K miles. Never know it's there.

By the way Ken, what air pressure do you run in the trailer. I was running 25 but showing wear in the center of tires. Down to 20 for the next trip but doesn't look like it will help much. I only carry about 75# of "stuff".

2soon

·
Registered
581 Posts
2soon said:
By the way Ken, what air pressure do you run in the trailer. I was running 25 but showing wear in the center of tires. Down to 20 for the next trip but doesn't look like it will help much. I only carry about 75# of "stuff".

2soon
I load the trailer then draw lines across the tires with chalk, drive around the block and see if there wearing in the middle or sides and adjust pressure according.

Ken L.

·
Registered
581 Posts
2soon said:
Yeah, but what pressure do you run?

2soon
Right now there at 28 #

Ken

·
Registered
50 Posts
28!? How much weight do you have in there? Test set mine at 18 (Iknow, too low to run at speed) and still tracks at center tread with 75#s load.

2soon

·
Registered
581 Posts
2soon said:
28!? How much weight do you have in there? Test set mine at 18 (Iknow, too low to run at speed) and still tracks at center tread with 75#s load.

2soon
My last trip was two weeks ago down to GA. and then back up to WOTS, I had about 150#'s in the trailer. I moved the stuff around until I got about 40# on the tongue. One guy followed me home (400 miles) and said it never wiggled once. I did almost 1300 miles on that trip.
Ken L.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts