GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
papa benny said:
I had a Time Out Camper, purchased new, sold after one season. Need I say more!!
Yes you may say more. Did you purchase a different brand of trailer afterwards and are you happy with that one?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
wingman57 said:
What was so bad with your Time-out?

Inquirying minds want to know.

Txs!
I agree, we want to know the whole story. I forgot about this post until I recieved the email update. :D

·
Squating Member
7,055 Posts
I also have the Dart and it preforms great, couln't ask for anything better for the use it have. Love the cooler in the hidden nose.

Had mine since 99 and it's never let me down.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a Time Out and love it

I pull it behind my 2006 HD RoadGlide. I use a waterproof roof bag on top for items which will be washed (clothes, bedding, etc.).

For winter (North Florida) I use a 5000 BTU ceramic heater, electric blanket and an AeroBed.

Pulls great with the wife on board. Set up is a 5 minute procedure. Finding level ground is important. Having said that, you won't find completely level ground. I carry a few 2x4's (6") and 1x3's (6") to level the trailer before opening it up. So far I am quite happy. BTW, you will be plagued with folks who simply can't believe how a 14 1/2' camper can be trailed behind a MC!

The folks at Time Out are great.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Sorry guys I've not been on here for awhile. I had my Time Out Camper for a bit over a year and used it 6-10 times. I had all the options.

1. Felt it was too heavy to pull with a motorcycle.
2. Not near enough space to carry your gear inside the folded up camper.
3. The material was coated with some sort of polyethylene which did not allow it to breathe, hence in cold, damp conditions with the shape of the ceiling over the bed moisture would actually run down the inside and drip, drip, drip all over the bed area.
4. Felt it was a pain to set up and take down as everything had to be removed from the inside prior to doing so.
5. Gaps between the material and the sides of the trailer where bugs always seemed to find their way into the trailer.
6. Other than that mentioned in 1 thru 5 it was a great quality built camper to pull behind my pickup truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.