GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe. I have the J&M setup for icom, CB and stereo communications on my bike. I am a little tired of getting caught up in the cord and I am wondering if there is an alternative that will allow me to plug something into the bike and do all the above communications wirelessly. Adding a phone would be a bonus, but not a requirement. It's kind of nice being out of touch. I would like to be able to use all the factory controls for everything and just have it all transmitted wirelessly to the helmets either bluetooth or whatever. It would of course require RX and TX capability.

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Good question.

I've got the edsets and was wondering the same thing.

I don't want to spend megabucks retrofitting another headset so it would be nice to be able to plug the existing 5 pin din on the helmet to something wireless that would have the same functionality as the cord.

If it aint out there someone could get rich.....

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Be WARE of the Bluetooth seup...it is in the early stages...see the tech forum for more details

I too would like to cut the cords but am waiting fr the bugs to be worked out

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have the J&M Bluetooth setup and it works just fine. Complete communication with your intercom, music, gps and cell phone. You have to buy the proper cables, dongle and bluetooth headset so it's a bit pricey. I can connect to my iPhone via bluetooth and have complete communication just like having a cord attached. I did my homework on this before buying, as I've had other bike bluetooth electronics in the past that I was only moderately happy with. Your passenger can still plug into the bike and have all the communication as though you were plugged in as well. Charlie in the tech department with J&M was very helpful as well!

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Stu O. had a nice writeup on this in the latest WingWorld, if you're a member.

It was pretty expensive and J&M offers no returns on the Bluetooth products, so you'd better be sure you really want it. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts