GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
@GoingGrey Well, refresh us please, sir. What goodies are you having installed? Inquiring minds want to know....:confused: and do keep the girl covered as best you can it gets nippy up in your neck of the woods:grin2:

Reactions: GoingGrey

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@GoingGrey Well, refresh us please, sir. What goodies are you having installed? Inquiring minds want to know....:confused: and do keep the girl covered as best you can it gets nippy up in your neck of the woods:grin2:
Maybe keep her covered in some lace so we can still see through it though eh... :grin2:

Rivco trailer hitch
Honda fog lights
Honda luggage rack with light & EC tail/brake fix
Additional USB port
Honda upper air deflectors
Wire in Ultimate heated seat

Figured best to do a bunch at once while the body is off.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
@GoingGrey LOL, now who doesn't like seeing a nice looking lady in Lace, as we have with the GL1833!>:)
Wow, nice list of add on's to boot! Remember pic's or it hasn't happened:wink2:

Reactions: GoingGrey

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, here's some pics...

I forgot I also did the engine head covers from EC, side stand puck from Rivco, and 16" F4 windscreen. I don't care to look through a windscreen, the 16" allows to still raise up for HWY and bad weather, but get lower than the stock 20" for summer weather around town. Routed the battery tender line to the rearward pillion section, have a SAE to dual USB plug for mama to charge on the go if needed. For my wiring harness n 5 flat plug to our Unigo trailer I did as we had on our 2016 Wing and used a Dryspec license plate smuggler box, works great to hide it when not in use, and when needed open it up and drop the plug out the bottom through a dremel hole.

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/sta...MIvq_l0b3I4gIVE7nACh2dVA3ZEAQYAiABEgIbcPD_BwE

·
Registered
198 Posts
For your wife's convenience, you may want to consider running her USB cable up through the hole in the base of the seat for backrest mount and then up into the bottom of the pouch.
That way the charging cable is in front of her, and she can use and charge her phone at the same time, and also charge her phone while its stored in the pouch. Doing so means there's no cable wrapped across her, or struggling with trying to get her phone back into her jacket pocket.
Even more important, if she has a phone case with a "pop-up" or a foldable "ring" on the back, before you begin a ride, she can either tie the cable into a simple overhand-knot around the pop-up, or thread the cable through the ring, and then there's no chance she can drop the phone and have it crash to the ground while you're driving.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For your wife's convenience, you may want to consider running her USB cable up through the hole in the base of the seat for backrest mount and then up into the bottom of the pouch.
That way the charging cable is in front of her, and she can use and charge her phone at the same time, and also charge her phone while its stored in the pouch. Doing so means there's no cable wrapped across her, or struggling with trying to get her phone back into her jacket pocket.
Even more important, if she has a phone case with a "pop-up" or a foldable "ring" on the back, before you begin a ride, she can either tie the cable into a simple overhand-knot around the pop-up, or thread the cable through the ring, and then there's no chance she can drop the phone and have it crash to the ground while you're driving.
Great idea, thx YD! :thumbup:

She already has one of those strap setups around her phone that connects to her jacket in case she drops it, I got her that years ago, it makes me feel much better, although I don't think she's ever dropped it. The cable from the SAE plug to her phone is perfect length and not obtrusive, we run this same setup for her on other bikes. I like that now my phone is always charging up front, I originally ordered the rear USB port assuming it connected upward by the passenger heated seat adjustment as a pillion charging port, I then realized it's meant to only be inside the left side case, seems silly to me but oh well, this will work when needed which isn't often and can still be able to keep the Wing on the battery tender, she won't be my daily ride, mostly just our 2up bike.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Need to do a couple fine tuning adjustments but all seems well so far with the Rivco hitch, the receiver takes my Unigo hitch just fine! :smile2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts