GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have discussed this about as much as it is possible. So at this point I will remove myself from this board and come back only when advised that I need to.

Have fun and don't trash the place.

And heed the warnings at the entrance.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
I think I have discussed this about as much as it is possible. So at this point I will remove myself from this board and come back only when advised that I need to.

Have fun and don't trash the place.

And heed the warnings at the entrance.
Sorry, but now I am confused.

I wrote a reply to a thread and posted it before seeing the "I hate to mention this" thread by Hal. Then I read your post Hal and I took it to mean that you do not want any discussion whatsoever on the subject who dare not speak its name.

So I went back and deleted my reply from the first thread.

Then I come back and find that there is a new forum that appears to be designed specifically for discussion of the topic I thought was being banned.

So, no, I do not understand, Hal. Is this the proper forum for those of us who wish to share talk of the subject that dare not speak its name or is it not?

Thanks!
Scott

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Our intent was to try and reduce the discussion on the main boards with the thought that we would probably create another board that has the warnings built into it. There is a warning on the main index under the topic of Darkside and there is another warning at the top of the list of messages in here.

We do not want to delete any posts if at all possible so we decided on this alternate method.

Yes its confusing but I guess its appropriate for this topic.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I understand the rationale for wanting to preserve posts and to isolate them into an area where adequate warnings and disclaimers are in place.

What I want to know is do we have a thumbs up to talk here or not?

Thanks,
Scott

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
leftwinger said:
I understand the rationale for wanting to preserve posts and to isolate them into an area where adequate warnings and disclaimers are in place.

Thanks,
Scott
With appropriate discretion. We didn't go thru all of this trouble to eliminate the conversation. We just hope that it can be more rationale and less strident on this little hideaway.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
leftwinger said:

Thanks,
Scott
With appropriate discretion. We didn't go thru all of this trouble to eliminate the conversation. We just hope that it can be more rationale and less strident on this little hideaway.
Roger. I will take that as a thumbs up, unstridently.

Cheers,
Scott

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hal, sitting on the fence now, but most likely going to the Darkside to give it a try. Glad I can still read about pros/cons from riders presently using a CT to make an informed decision.

Hoping the rearrrangement of the site will give you peace of mind.

To Hal and all on this list:

Take care & be well

RiderUSA

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
With appropriate discretion. We didn't go thru all of this trouble to eliminate the conversation. We just hope that it can be more rationale and less strident on this little hideaway.[/quote]

Hal Thank you for adding the Darksider Sig..I certainly understand your concern,and respect your position on the subject as well..

Out of respect for you and this board,I have removed my DIM #,from my sig line.

I would hope that the addition of this Sig will lead to just the sharing of information,instead of the Bickering that has brought about the change.

Rocky

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
GL1800 $18000-Mastercard
Daughters wedding $12000-Mastercard

This Thread-Priceless

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
WhiskeryGoofy said:
GL1800 $18000-Mastercard
Daughters wedding $12000-Mastercard
This Thread-Priceless
Congratulations on your Wing.
Congratulations on your Daughter.
Condolences on the death of your Mastercard. :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
725 Posts
what am I missing and why is any one leaving what are we not talking about for fear of everyone missunderstanding or getting their feelings hurt

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
dusty74 said:
what am I missing and why is any one leaving what are we not talking about for fear of everyone missunderstanding or getting their feelings hurt
As you can see if you go back to the top of the thread, it dates from from over a year and a half ago. Just prior to that time, before there ever was a DARKSIDER forum at all, some of us were discussing the use of car tires on the rear of the Gold Wing GL1800 and were doing so on the main motorcycle board. The topic was controversial and it was making our friendly proprietors here at the forum a bit nervous over liability issues.

Hal and Lamont did not want to be seen as advocating for car tires on motorcycles. They asked us to can the discussion up on the main board, created the Darksider Forum, and this was Hal just answering a few questions for us before departing the board. Hal and Lamont won't be posting down here normally because they do not wish to be seen as in any way endorsing our Darksidin' ways. The disclaimer in the READ ME FIRST announcement makes it clear that when you go to the Darkside you go alone and cannot be blaming Hal or Lamont if your experience is less than a rosy one.

By the way, how is it that these old threads get dredged up from the bottom every once in a while? What possessed you to go all the way back to the beginning of the board to find this dusty old post?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I must have pulled up the wrong page when looking to see if any thing new was on the board. Thanks for explaining. I uinderstand not want to seem like they are endorseing any thing as everybody is so sue happy that it is hard to believe that you can discuss anything.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Everthing that is old will be new again...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts