GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I vote we do last years Idaho/Montana/ Washington ride again, maybe we will be abel to see what we missed in the rain. :biker: :sun1: :capwin: :chat: :biker:
some had to start it

·
Registered
598 Posts
It's the "2.5 mile mountain ride". The longest 2 1/2 miles you'll ever enjoy riding!!! lol

last year we rode the "2.5" miles from Couer D' Alene (sp), ID to Thompson Falls, MT; back to the northern part of ID and across Hwy 20 to Republic.

It's a long story on where it got it's name but I believe it boils down to the first year of the ride they hit snow heading up to Paradise on Mt. Rainier. Someone asked how much further and the answer was "2.5 miles".

Obviously it was still QUITE a bit further than that and the name kind of stuck. Where ever we end up riding, it's always a good time!

Jeff, sorry to hear you won't be able to attend (are ya going to leave the keys to the bike for Jen?? LOL). We'll have to do a lunch ride before you take off - maybe Leavenworth?

Paul H.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
WestsideCougar said:
I'll bite, what is the 2.5 miler? Not being a member last year I obviously missed it, but I'm interested in more details.

Thanks
To expand on Paul's post some.
It started as a lunch get together for the guys in the northwest that hang out on this board,and turned into a weekend ride that has been repeated four times now.And it turned out not to be just NW riders.We had guys from as far as Southern California show up as wellI think there were 19 bikes on the first ride,and every year has been a few more.
Each time a different ride is sort of group planned on this board,and I think we usually end up riding around 350 miles +/-,spend the night someplace and head off towards home in separate groups.

Paul's description is pretty accurate.Quickdraw was the infamous leader,and after his "couple of miles" to Paradise Lodge became a lot more than a couple of miles,every time someone asked how much longer then answer was "a couple of miles" This mutated into the "2.5 mile Ride"

Seems like weather is always an issue.If you want to ride in the snow,let Quickdraw lead :p

This event spawned some pretty good lasting friendships,and every year there are new faces.
Here's a link to my Webshots page with pictures from each year page with a bunch of pics taken by our official photographer from my back seat.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jkelton9

And a picture of the charter members from 2003:
http://home.comcast.net/~jkelton9/image ... yGroup.jpg

Paul,If I left the keys for Gen she probably would trike the damn thing.A lunch ride is definitely in order.My neck is getting better,and I'm ready to make up some lost miles. I'm going to end up with less than 6000 miles this year,and that hurts! :cry:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
And what time of year does this happen? I love the northwest (I have done a bit of climbing as well as just touring, but not by motorcycle) and would love to do a ride up there. Coming from SoCal, it would be a week long adventure.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
JMATANDEM said:
And what time of year does this happen? I love the northwest (I have done a bit of climbing as well as just touring, but not by motorcycle) and would love to do a ride up there. Coming from SoCal, it would be a week long adventure.
Usually the third week in May

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
That will let us see what we missed what we missed out on last year.

Joy and Ted

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what do you think redo last years or a new plan? :rain1: :snow1: or :sun1:

G

·
Naw Jim, not yet, not this year, though it will blow you guys away. :shock:
Quick Draw still has a few"items " to still deal with, so maybe next year .

I know there was a roamer a little while ago, something about a more southerly route this time around. 8)

QD... :roll: drum roll please....

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Naw - but if it does rain, it washed away. And eventually the sun comes out...just before it rains again.....

This was last February

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bump
gotta make plans for this or somthing else
al ready took the time off :lol:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts