GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little lizard raised my insurance by nearly $200 with no violations, no accidents, etc. I checked with Progressive (they are even higher) and I even called GEICO as if I was a new customer and received a quote even higher than I already have. :?

Needless to say, I'm shopping around. With whom do you have your insurance? (If you have a contact number or web address, that would be nice, too, but not necessary)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Bike-Line.com (Markel). For me it was way cheaper for better coverage. You are wise to shop around. The differences are surprising and the cheapest company for one can be the most expensive for another.

·
Registered
19,057 Posts
progressive was the lowest for me

·
Registered
138 Posts
Anyone care to post a $ figure?

My record is Squeaky Clean, still costs 650.00/yr. Haven't had a safety course in 10 years though.

·
Registered
615 Posts
csherrill said:
Dairyland.
Progressive is still ok for me.
Csherrill, did Wishers kill that snake and what kind of snake is it?

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
csherrill said:

My record is Squeaky Clean, still costs 650.00/yr. Haven't had a safety course in 10 years though.
The dollar amount really doesn't tell anybody anything without details on the coverage amounts and deductibles.

BikelinE Motorcycle / ATV Insurance
Model Year: 2006
Make: HONDA
Model: GL1800A5 GOLDWING ABS
Engine Size (CC's): 1832
Accessory Package: 2000

Coverage Information:
Bodily Injury Liability: 100000/300000
Property Damage Liability: 50000
Passenger Liability: 100000/300000
UM Bodily Injury: 100000/300000
Comprehensive: 500 Deductible
Collision: 500 Deductible
Medical Payments: 5000/100
Roadside Assistance: Included

$672/year

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
csherrill said:
GEICO (Original) - $544
GEICO (Renewal) - $752
GEICO (New Acct) - $830

Progressive - $908

·
Registered
138 Posts
yellowwing1 said:
csherrill said:
Dairyland.
Progressive is still ok for me.
Csherrill, did Wishers kill that snake and what kind of snake is it?
I gave him a little help. He was only three months when he tangled with this rattler( three footer). He wrestled with a Big ( just shy of five ft.) rattler in August. Really surprised he didn't get bit.

·
Registered
615 Posts
In Fla. mine is something like 550 yr. All coverage.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
State Farm is better for my trike; Geico is better for my VTX...no rhyme or reason...? Just paid $594 for the year on the VTX includes $1700 in accessories. Trike is about the same premium. I have pretty good coverage; especially Uninsured Motorist, since there are about 50% of drivers without insurance in this state! State Farm said that though the trike is more expensive, the safety of the third wheel brings the rate down. All others were a lot more. You just have to shop around for rates in your state.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If I were you I would call GMAC Insurance. I was with USAA and realized quickly that they did not like insuring motorcycles. I called after seeing it in rider magizine and saved a bundle. While liability coverage is cheap in NC, there is a wide spread on the comp and collision. I'm a clean risk and 55.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Dairyland works for me too. :D

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I went with AARP Formost and for coverage similiar to William A, mine is $407.00. Bikeline was about $100 more, even though my record was clean and I used them for 10 years. I agree that it pays to shop around, but by asking the question, at least you get some other names to contact.

Good luck

1 - 20 of 38 Posts