GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to replace my brake pads on my '02 and I am wondering about how long does the job take to do yourself. The OrangeRush is my only form of transportation and my wife keeps the cage on the road.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Actually the job should only take a few minutes per caliper. The pads are very easy to replace without taking any of the bike apart. I do not remember the details but the pads slip in and out without removimg the calipers from the bike.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Just checked mine

I have 31k miles on my 02 and just checked the pads the other day. Looks like they have a few thousand miles at the most left in them, so will probably replace them in the Spring before primary riding season begins here in CO.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Time to replace brake pads

I have used the EBC pads since changing out the first OEM. I find them to be just as good, if not better than OEM, and they are cheaper. No squeal, no chatter or scored discs.

Ed Jenkins, Pawnee, Il
01, 100,000 miles

·
Registered
79 Posts
EBC ??

What is EBC. I am a relatively new Wing owner, so don't know all the abreviations yet.

·
Registered
471 Posts
EBC

EBC = brand name for aftermarket brake pads.

(FWIW board sponor has OEM pads on sale.)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Brakes Pads

OK!!! Now where can a person find these EBC Pads. I found the part # but to no avail, the location. Help please. Thanks

Richard

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
FWIW = For what it's worth.

Board sponsor is Hal, his store is located at the top of this page, Directline, just click on it.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Tim - yes you can remove the pins and yes the brake pads will fall out, but I decided to take my caliphers apart and do a good thorough cleaning and then install the pads and remount them. It took longer than the videos will show it might be possible to do, but I felt better just knowing everything was cleaned and done thoroughly. Depending upon how you do it I'd still consider it a good afternoon's job, but nothing extensive or complicated.

Theone - EBC and other pads are here:

http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/byProduct.asp?prd=Brakes&str=4&ID=86970628

DaleC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts