GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bob has his bike tore down in pieces, so I think I take a good ride while he can't. >:) They are calling for the temperature to be about 70* today and sunny. :grin2: I'm thinking I may head south down around Winchester KY to check out Rocky Mountain ATV store. I have never been there but have ordered from them several times. They have good prices and I usually get delivery the very next day because of them being so close.
Hummm!!! Maybe Cracker Barrel in Mt Sterling for lunch?????!!!!! :grin2:

Have fun Bob, I know I will!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Today, I plan to begin a honey-do list. First plan is to take advantage of our local, "tire amnesty" program. Every three years, old tires can be taken to a turn in point, for free. Today is day #1 of their 3 day window. I probably have 12-15 old tires, for mc and car. Time to load them up and get rid of them. Otherwise, I'm tempted to ride to Winchester and meet up with you.

Enjoy the ride, looks like a perfect day for it!

Reactions: cycledude

·
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today, I plan to begin a honey-do list. First plan is to take advantage of our local, "tire amnesty" program. Every three years, old tires can be taken to a turn in point, for free. Today is day #1 of their 3 day window. I probably have 12-15 old tires, for mc and car. Time to load them up and get rid of them. Otherwise, I'm tempted to ride to Winchester and meet up with you.

Enjoy the ride, looks like a perfect day for it!
RATS!!!!! That would have been great Joe. But I understand. I have taken tires to local tire drop off before. Lately after talking to local Tire installer I take tires to them. That way they don't accumulate on me. They only charge $3 per tire even if they weren't bought there.

I got most of my yard work done yesterday. And yes I cut grass for the second time this year.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Bob has his bike tore down in pieces, so I think I take a good ride while he can't. >:) They are calling for the temperature to be about 70* today and sunny. :grin2: I'm thinking I may head south down around Winchester KY to check out Rocky Mountain ATV store. I have never been there but have ordered from them several times. They have good prices and I usually get delivery the very next day because of them being so close.

30 some years ago there was a little restaurant in Mt Sterling - in an old 2 story house left side - right there on 460 before hitting the Interstate. Now there is a Cracker Barrel there? 460 Paris to Mt Sterling was a great ride when I would take a group down to Chrome Crazy in Paris.

·
Administrator
4,586 Posts
had a dentist appoint. this am, will tear down the forks and see how it goes with installing the mono tubes this afternoon. Then on to the triple tree with new roller bearings. Glad Boomer bought me that PBR! :grin2:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts

Hey Boomer, I will be staying in Winchester on the 24th of April. I have a cousin that lives there. That is where I will be leaving my truck and trailer when we go to the GlockJock RTE. If you check your time to get there you can give me a good idea what time we can meet up on the morning of the 25th. I have sent you a PM with all my contact info.

·
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Boomer, I will be staying in Winchester on the 24th of April. I have a cousin that lives there. That is where I will be leaving my truck and trailer when we go to the GlockJock RTE. If you check your time to get there you can give me a good idea what time we can meet up on the morning of the 25th. I have sent you a PM with all my contact info.
It is about one hour and 50 minutes to Paris RD (RT 627) off I 64 from my house. That time of the morning I'll have to make one pit stop before then. But to tell you what time?? Bob and I will have to get together to see what time we will meet in E-town. Unless we really have too we won't decide that until about a week before. It kind of depends on how early I can make Bob get up!:lol: It is a little over 3 1/2 hours to where we meet in E-town from my house.
How about you @JoeHall ?

·
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

30 some years ago there was a little restaurant in Mt Sterling - in an old 2 story house left side - right there on 460 before hitting the Interstate. Now there is a Cracker Barrel there? 460 Paris to Mt Sterling was a great ride when I would take a group down to Chrome Crazy in Paris.
Yes there is a Cracker Barrel there Jim. It is just of route 11 on the right just before you cross I-64. I guess that would be the northwest side of the intersection.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cracker+Barrel+Old+Country+Store/@38.0785456,-83.9533497,15.71z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x8843be0afbd5ab99:0x8ef5a6c70ab7cb76!8m2!3d38.0789758!4d-83.950983?hl=en

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Dang! All you Ohio boys have all the fun! :crying:

·
Registered
909 Posts
Boomer, you're late on the riding weather. It's been in the 70's and 80's here in Texas for a couple of weeks now. Sure is nice to get out and ride every day when it's not wet. It's been so nice lately I even got out and mowed the yard again this week!!!! Now that the bike is all cleaned up and ready for a road trip, I just wish I had the time to do one right now. But my trip to Glen's will make up for it.

I'll see ya at Glen's!!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
It is about one hour and 50 minutes to Paris RD (RT 627) off I 64 from my house. That time of the morning I'll have to make one pit stop before then. But to tell you what time?? Bob and I will have to get together to see what time we will meet in E-town. Unless we really have too we won't decide that until about a week before. It kind of depends on how early I can make Bob get up!:lol: It is a little over 3 1/2 hours to where we meet in E-town from my house.
How about you @JoeHall ?
I am only about 15 miles from the McDonalds in Elizabethtown. So can be flexible on time of day we meet up. Only takes me about 20 minutes to get there. Will be packed and ready.

·
Administrator
4,586 Posts
I'm 4 hrs. out.....wait a minute...coffee...3 pee stops & gas...5 hrs. out...getting lost twice....might have to leave Wed. and get a room, as early as Boomer likes to leave :grin2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts