GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, had a nice trip over the Holiday weekend to the Smokey's with my bride and two good friends, had some time to reflect on things...I've decided I've met too many fine people to just chuck it all away, so I think I'll hang around.

No fighting, no pissing and moaning, Don't need or want it, It serves no usefulness to anyone.
Not looking for any responses to this post.

Thanks

Did find some fine roads in north GA, had lots of fun...

G

·
0 Posts
Glad you decided to stay, and I would like to apologize for giving
you a hard time about H-D and everything.

·
Chard Member
13,060 Posts
You can come back, but you're restricted to the Harley vs Honda board for 60 days! ROFL........

It's tough using a HD board owning a Honda. It's even tougher using a Honda board when you own a Harley! :( If you don't have real thick skin, learn how to walk away from the monitor! LOL.... Heck, I own both. Nobody loves me! :a13:

Glad you had a great weekend. I can hardly wait for winter! :)

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BLK04WNG said:
Glad you decided to stay, and I would like to apologize for giving
you a hard time about H-D and everything.
Apology accepted, and please accept mine.

Sometimes we carried away...

G

·
0 Posts
I have to admit that I have been checking out the '07 Ultra Classic
on the H-D website. They are a great looking bike, and now with
the 6 speed tranny and 96 inch motor......

You just never know ! :wink:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Good to hear you are staying. Will someone pass me a Kleenex, please!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm beginning to think all you guys are going to have group hug! Let's go get a beer! :beer2:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
A good friend was talking to me about getting back into biking since he knew I rode alot. He said that since he was married and had a son, he would like to get a touring bike like my GL-1500 so he could take one of them along with him in comfort. He ended up buying a H-D springer within a few months. When he told me about his purchase, I asked him why he decided on that bike. His response "because I used to own one of them a long time ago and the nostalga got in the way of logic...I was stupid" (his words, not mine).

We have rode several time together (that is saying something since we live 200 miles apart) and now he is saying that he wants to switch to a "more comfortable ride for longer distance touring". I now have a 2005 GL-1800A, so I thought he might be considering a Gold Wing. Not so. He rented an H-D Ultra Glide and is probably going to buy one soon.

Point is that he buys the bikes that he wants and I buy the bikes I want. Neither of us is wrong. I just make him ride in the rear so I don't have to listen to all the noise he makes!!! :lol:

Welcome back KYBlue. Keep a sense of humor and try not to get too wound up. Most mean it in jest if they poke at you a little. At least I do.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Ben U said:
I'm beginning to think all you guys are going to have group hug! Let's go get a beer! :beer2:
I was thinking the same thing about the group hug. We could all sit and sing kumbaya, too. :lol:

Red, I think everyone likes you, as you own the only two bikes that are worth a damn. :lol: Did I type that out loud?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Glad you decided to hang around, KYBlue.

Have to keep the Blue Knights together.

:D
Dep

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Good on ya, mate!! Hang out and enjoy the ride, while this board is about the GL, two or three (or even seven in Wheels case :lol: ) wheels and riding are what it's all about, glad to see you hanging out with us.

W

·
0 Posts
KYBLUE said:
OK, had a nice trip over the Holiday weekend to the Smokey's with my bride and two good friends, had some time to reflect on things...I've decided I've met too many fine people to just chuck it all away, so I think I'll hang around.

No fighting, no pissing and moaning, Don't need or want it, It serves no usefulness to anyone.
Not looking for any responses to this post.

Thanks

Did find some fine roads in north GA, had lots of fun...
Heck, I would of bet 8 crush washers that your wouldn't leave, just needed a little ride to clear the air.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts