GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if the tint is a saftey issue for night or other low light driving. I generally look over teh shield anyway, but if I get a tall one, I may raise it up to get out of the baffle a bit at times.

prs

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Pigeon Roost said:
I wonder if the tint is a saftey issue for night or other low light driving. I generally look over teh shield anyway, but if I get a tall one, I may raise it up to get out of the baffle a bit at times.

prs
Wouldn't a tinted shield be like riding with sunglasses on at night? You can put it down, but there are times that it may be necessary to look through it.

G

·
wasn't there a song about this??

I ride my tinted windshield motorcycle at night
so I can
so I can
Keep track of the visions in my eyes
While she's deceiving me
it cuts my security

:beer2:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have the Tulsa tinted. The tinting is light enough to be safe at night but it does help in the day. It also seems to reduce glare and reflection at night (like your dash lights reflecting in the windshield).

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the Tulsa tinted. No problem at night. Sort of like the windows in you car being tinted, right?

JB

G

·
someone shud produce a windshield that goes tinted during the day and clear at night...similar to the eyewear.. ...just member I thoughted of it first so I get a cut !! :money1:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Javern said:
someone shud produce a windshield that goes tinted during the day and clear at night...similar to the eyewear.. ...just member I thoughted of it first so I get a cut !! :money1:
I thought of that years ago. Make all windows on cars out of photogray material. That way they would darken during the day and be clear at night. I believe that someone is working on the idea but they are having trouble with the glass changing color evenly and cost is a major issue.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Tulsa tinted on both of our rides. It works great. No it is not too dark at night. It seems to take some of the glare away from the oncomeing headlights.

·
Registered
615 Posts
The only reason I didn't get the tinted Tulsa windshield is because I planned on putting lights on the shield, they won't shine thru the tint. (or shine enough) :lol: Joy

·
Registered
221 Posts
Had a tinted Tulsa for years on my GL1500 and it was one of the first things I put on my '01 GL1800. Tinted Big YES, Vent Big NO.

G

·
I didn't like the tint on my last bike , I found it hard to see through at twilight . Got a clear one with this bike , found it better to take off the sunglasses then try to stand on the pegs to see over the shield. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts