GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you insert a piece of Foam, behind the "Square Nut" on the battery terminals, then it suddenly becomes Much easier to install the terminal screw...as the nut no longer walks away, or falls out!

Leave the foam installed when done; I used sticky-back foam, like what you buy in a roll for sealing windows.

Attachments

·
Registered
975 Posts
I've used a small section of rubber vacuum hose as a backer.

·
Vendor
17,793 Posts
For me, I use an OEM Yuasa battery that comes with the correct post that faces the correct way. With the OEM bolt and screw, no foam is ever needed.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Many years ago, I found a piece of battery vent hose, doubled up, behind the battery post. A mechanic must have put it there. Worked real good. Fit tight enough so it never fell out and compressed enough so it didn't prevent the bolt from being tightened. Lots of spares when I bought a new battery.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Many years ago, I found a piece of battery vent hose, doubled up, behind the battery post. A mechanic must have put it there. Worked real good. Fit tight enough so it never fell out and compressed enough so it didn't prevent the bolt from being tightened. Lots of spares when I bought a new battery.
Gee, I hope your battery is also still properly vented>:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts