GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Chard Member
12,960 Posts
I haven't installed one, but most Kury product install instructions are on the Kury site.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The instructions that come with the brace are very clear. I think It made a noticable diference in the handling of my bike, esp. at slower speeds. My first Kury brace started to lose some chrome. They took care of it right away by sending out a new brace. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Took 10 minutes to install. I noticed better fork stability at low speed. I put it on before I had the progressive springs installed to see if that would fix the low speed wobble.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
RobertKing1 said:
Took 10 minutes to install. I noticed better fork stability at low speed. I put it on before I had the progressive springs installed to see if that would fix the low speed wobble.
on one of the web sites there was a word of "caution" about making VERY sure the "ring" on the axle was not too far out or in before putting the brace on otherwise it might cause the forks to bind.
my simple understanding of that is I guess it keeps the top of the forks and bottom of the forks parallel.

Question:
did you guys check for that? ... or is that "overkill"?

thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
131 Posts
wingwing, I believe that is for the superbrace. The Kury brace is a three piece design. I don't see how you could bind the forks unless you would push them together. :roll:

·
Vendor
2,334 Posts
jdswtwng said:
wingwing, I believe that is for the superbrace. The Kury brace is a three piece design. I don't see how you could bind the forks unless you would push them together. :roll:
The fork legs do get pushed together when you push the axle in while installing the wheel. You need to pull the bottom of the left fork leg back out by hand to get the least amount of drag. The line on the axle is a visual reference.

Having the left lower leg improperly positioned on the axle means the forks are ALREADY in a bind, with or without a fork brace.

The Superbrace is a two or three piece design, of which can and will cause more drag than the Kury brace, which is 5 pieces.

It is not possible for the Kury brace to add any drag to the system if the center plate is tightened last per the instructions.

8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts