GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a kid after I finished my Paper Route,
I wd ride my bicycle to our local strip mall to visit the Child World Store. U see back then Child World sold brand new mini bikes.
Once there I wd stare at those new mini bikes and daydream about what it wd be like to own or ride one of those minibikes, and all the different places I wd ride it. I Never got one,
but I continued to save money and was able to buy a real bike a slightly used 1976 Honda 750 SS as a teenager. It was a great bike for a couple years & then while at the New Motorcycles Show in 1980 here in Boston, Honda introduced the All New 1980 CB900 Custom with air suspension,10 Speed gearboxes & an enclosed Driveshaft that eliminated the Drive Chain and also the need to regularly adjust & grease your chain.
That was big news in 1980 and (ya girls all appreciated that there was no chain to spew hot grease all over their Legs & stockings!
I had seen pictures and read the Promo in a 1980 Bike magazine and I wanted to see the new CB900C in person.I liked the new Raked Chopper look too so I bought it. $2,799! Lol That 900C really spoiled me! Nothing like an inline 4 Cylinder Honda! Put a 4 into 1 Kerker Header Pipe on it and it wd coax u to twist that throttle & lean ya head back a lil closer to the muffler outlet just to hear that sweeet beat a little louder! I loved that bike! I Put a Vetter Rooster Fairing with a Blaupunk Stereo & 2 Amplifiers and Rode it year round right thru th winter. and at 25 yrs old it’s bottom looked as new as its topside! And Reliable! I could not hav asked for a more faithful servant! I also bought a couple them CB1100F rockets. Had’em in both avail colors. Both available colors were very Patriotic Red White & Blue paint schemes! But Honda only made them for 2 years 1983 & 84. Fast bikes & they sounded
Really mean with a Yoshimura 4 into 1 Header Pipe Exhaust system!
Years later in this millennium I bought a new RK Classic. Hav now had a few of them. Great Sounding engines! Over the years I’ve ridden lots of different big bikes from Yami fj1100’s & hotrodded newer Harleys and now fortunately this GW f6b! I am sooo happy that I stumbled upon this f6b!it was purely by accident.
already planning to purchase a brand new 2021 RK Special Blacked when Harley released them brand new 2021 Models! I was looking for and I was gonna type in a search for a cheap used RK to kick around on until my new RK Special arrived. I couldn’t be happier that HD delayed their 2021 Models release date! Before I could type in my search, I saw this Black f6b (Only cuz it had just Posted,so it was right there at the top of the page)!
I remembered I had seen a f6b years earlier at a local outdoor bike show and I wondered what the heck is that? I scoured it for clues!
It had The “Honda” logo Cast into the side engine case. That gave away that it was a Honda. It Didn’t look like anything I’d ever seen. It was a mean looking custom and had alotta aftermarket parts including 2 Gaitlin Gun type looking mufflers complete with multiple Revolving gun barrels that probably warned those behind you to Back Off!
I came home and googled it that same night and discovered that while I was away for a few years recovering from medical issues, Honda had gone and built th f6b for me. Then I looked at th price tag and wondered wd I ever own one? So now fast forward to a night in Oct 2020, I go online to search the classified Ads and this very hot, very sexy black eye catcher jumps right into my lap! I was on her the next day. I took her home and she be giving me lap dances regularly since. (1st & only lap dance) lol. But seriously, I cannot believe how awesome & effortless this machine is to ride! The f6 with its super smooth, always ready to put out opposed 6 cyl powerplant practically drives itself!
Call me crazy but I noticed a sweet f6b feature that Honda didnt mention.
It is this, “others” simply cannot sound like this 6 cyl beast! & They won’t thrill you with sounds & feelings like you are driving an Indy Car!
Thanks for reading

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice write up....many of us F6B owners still feel the same. Its a great ride. Hope to see you out there when the weather breaks!

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
That was the first 1500 cc Honda that I test rode, back when they first came out, YEP, I had to have one.......... [when it sings to yea, you know it]

Ronnie

Reactions: MX F6B

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As a kid after I finished my Paper Route,
I wd ride my bicycle to our local strip mall to visit the Child World Store. U see back then Child World sold brand new mini bikes.
Once there I wd stare at those new mini bikes and daydream about what it wd be like to own or ride one of those minibikes, and all the different places I wd ride it. I Never got one,
but I continued to save money and was able to buy a real bike a slightly used 1976 Honda 750 SS as a teenager. It was a great bike for a couple years & then while at the New Motorcycles Show in 1980 here in Boston, Honda introduced the All New 1980 CB900 Custom with air suspension,10 Speed gearboxes & an enclosed Driveshaft that eliminated the Drive Chain and also the need to regularly adjust & grease your chain.
That was big news in 1980 and (ya girls all appreciated that there was no chain to spew hot grease all over their Legs & stockings!
I had seen pictures and read the Promo in a 1980 Bike magazine and I wanted to see the new CB900C in person.I liked the new Raked Chopper look too so I bought it. $2,799! Lol That 900C really spoiled me! Nothing like an inline 4 Cylinder Honda! Put a 4 into 1 Kerker Header Pipe on it and it wd coax u to twist that throttle & lean ya head back a lil closer to the muffler outlet just to hear that sweeet beat a little louder! I loved that bike! I Put a Vetter Rooster Fairing with a Blaupunk Stereo & 2 Amplifiers and Rode it year round right thru th winter. and at 25 yrs old it’s bottom looked as new as its topside! And Reliable! I could not hav asked for a more faithful servant! I also bought a couple them CB1100F rockets. Had’em in both avail colors. Both available colors were very Patriotic Red White & Blue paint schemes! But Honda only made them for 2 years 1983 & 84. Fast bikes & they sounded
Really mean with a Yoshimura 4 into 1 Header Pipe Exhaust system!
Years later in this millennium I bought a new RK Classic. Hav now had a few of them. Great Sounding engines! Over the years I’ve ridden lots of different big bikes from Yami fj1100’s & hotrodded newer Harleys and now fortunately this GW f6b! I am sooo happy that I stumbled upon this f6b!it was purely by accident.
already planning to purchase a brand new 2021 RK Special Blacked when Harley released them brand new 2021 Models! I was looking for and I was gonna type in a search for a cheap used RK to kick around on until my new RK Special arrived. I couldn’t be happier that HD delayed their 2021 Models release date! Before I could type in my search, I saw this Black f6b (Only cuz it had just Posted,so it was right there at the top of the page)!
I remembered I had seen a f6b years earlier at a local outdoor bike show and I wondered what the heck is that? I scoured it for clues!
It had The “Honda” logo Cast into the side engine case. That gave away that it was a Honda. It Didn’t look like anything I’d ever seen. It was a mean looking custom and had alotta aftermarket parts including 2 Gaitlin Gun type looking mufflers complete with multiple Revolving gun barrels that probably warned those behind you to Back Off!
I came home and googled it that same night and discovered that while I was away for a few years recovering from medical issues, Honda had gone and built th f6b for me. Then I looked at th price tag and wondered wd I ever own one? So now fast forward to a night in Oct 2020, I go online to search the classified Ads and this very hot, very sexy black eye catcher jumps right into my lap! I was on her the next day. I took her home and she be giving me lap dances regularly since. (1st & only lap dance) lol. But seriously, I cannot believe how awesome & effortless this machine is to ride! The f6 with its super smooth, always ready to put out opposed 6 cyl powerplant practically drives itself!
Call me crazy but I noticed a sweet f6b feature that Honda didnt mention.
It is this, “others” simply cannot sound like this 6 cyl beast! & They won’t thrill you with sounds & feelings like you are driving an Indy Car!
Thanks for reading
Apologies! I think I posted that in th wrong place?
Probably should have gone to General discussion? Was actually looking forward to learning what some of you guys hav done to ur f6b’s? I called Honda,tried to order a Genuine Honda f6b Shop Repair manual, Honda said look elsewhere! anyone got a line on one of those?
Wd be nice to know what this thing looks lk under all th dressings. I read somewhere that f6b has a 1 sided swing arm? I’ve seen the “Custom” version of them on some customs,but wd love to see what Honda’s version of that looks like without having to remove th bags. Read something about th Exhaust Pipes being chambered? Said it was a very complicated Headpipe?So I’m thinking hmm,very complicated,Chambered Pipe u say? Does that mean there’s actually 3 separate Header Pipes in each sides Engine Pipe before th mufflers? Also wd V&H or anyone else for that matter, put the Time,$ and Research & development into a f6b Header Pipe that Honda probably spent? Jus wondering cuz usually thats th 1st place to start if u wanna improve performance from stock. Anybody swap that stock f6 pipe out yet? Anybody know if anyone makes an aftermarket Header for th f6? Also wd it be worth installing a Power Commander if th only Modifications are my Aftermarket Slip on Mufflers? That said,Wd it be worth swapping out th Air Filter for a less restrictive filter now too? Or
is it best with this f6b to leave it stock & buy gd fuel & just keep fresh Spark Plugs, Air Filters, Breathers & Crankcase Vent Breather too?
I’m new at this Forum thing so please bear with me. I noticed that it appears that the F6B Forum is perhaps not really used anymore? Is there someplace where I can find Tips Tricks & Upgrades for the f6b? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
158 Posts
Whew...thats a lot of questions! Ok so:
1)The manual - its the same manual as the 2013-2017 full wing. Sometimes they are listed in the classifieds here.
2) Exhaust - lots of options. The early F6B's (13-14) had a quieter exhaust than the later models so some folks upgrade with OEM pipes from a 15 -16. Also there are always folks who open up the baffles on the oem's. There also a few vendors who make exhausts for our bike such as Cobra six-2-six, TBR, Bassani, Rush and a couple others. Which brings us to the ever popular "Exhaust Drone" - many folks have noticed that when adding aftermarket pipes, there is a very audible drone that is not pleasant. To cure that there is a product called Torque Loops. I'll let others chime in as I have the OEM pipes off a 15 model and dont have to deal with that. My bike originally came with the six-2-six without the torque loops which stayed on the bike for the trip home from the dealer and were removed and sold as soon as she cooled down.
3) Air filter - you hit another hot topic. Its @ a 5 hour job. So....
4) there is a F6B forum on another site....not nearly as busy as this site but there are some good folks on there as well as here with a bunch of helpful knowledge. Hopefully giving you that site will not be an issue with our mods. Its "hondaF6b.com".
5) Other popular upgrades you will see when researching are Suspension Upgrades from Traxxion, Seat upgrades from RDL, Ultimate and more, Lights (LED) from Electrical Connection and SoCal. Just the basics, there are plenty more.
6) Its an awesome bike!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Congratulations! It's a great bike. I personally don't like too many modifications on a great piece of mechanical engineering, but there are plenty out there, if you want them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have ridden Harleys almost my entire life. I saw a 2015 F6B when I went to purchase a Honda generator. I thought that's different, and did not give it another thought. Fast forward 5 years. I purchased a 2014 F6b with 8,000 miles on it. Blacked out everything, took it on it's maiden voyage of 1350 miles. This is the best motorcycle I have ever ridden or owned. I have added a few mods, Led lights front & rear for better visability. No exhaust mods, although I am looking for the later model F6B pipes to install. ( Any clues as where to get them?) In closing, I think I may have purchased my last best bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whew...thats a lot of questions! Ok so:
1)The manual - its the same manual as the 2013-2017 full wing. Sometimes they are listed in the classifieds here.
2) Exhaust - lots of options. The early F6B's (13-14) had a quieter exhaust than the later models so some folks upgrade with OEM pipes from a 15 -16. Also there are always folks who open up the baffles on the oem's. There also a few vendors who make exhausts for our bike such as Cobra six-2-six, TBR, Bassani, Rush and a couple others. Which brings us to the ever popular "Exhaust Drone" - many folks have noticed that when adding aftermarket pipes, there is a very audible drone that is not pleasant. To cure that there is a product called Torque Loops. I'll let others chime in as I have the OEM pipes off a 15 model and dont have to deal with that. My bike originally came with the six-2-six without the torque loops which stayed on the bike for the trip home from the dealer and were removed and sold as soon as she cooled down.
3) Air filter - you hit another hot topic. Its @ a 5 hour job. So....
4) there is a F6B forum on another site....not nearly as busy as this site but there are some good folks on there as well as here with a bunch of helpful knowledge. Hopefully giving you that site will not be an issue with our mods. Its "hondaF6b.com".
5) Other popular upgrades you will see when researching are Suspension Upgrades from Traxxion, Seat upgrades from RDL, Ultimate and more, Lights (LED) from Electrical Connection and SoCal. Just the basics, there are plenty more.
6) Its an awesome bike!
Whew,that’s alotta answers! Thank you!
I wasn’t expecting any one person to field’em all, but I sure do appreciate you taking the time. I think I know a bit about that “drone” noise, my wife’s got a new Honda Civic and when she rolls up out in front of our house, th windows (newer) start rattling! And yes u can hear an unpleasant drone noise.I knew it was harmonics that I was hearing. Other than that it’s a great running Li’l car.
Tourque loops? Are they like a crossover pipe in a car? Tying both exh pipes together with a short equalizer pipe? As far as this Masterpiece goes I’m not looking to screw up a gd thing. And I’m Not goin racing. I guess I m actually trying to squeeze optimum performance outta th Stock engine.I know I can achieve that by burning good fuel in it, Keeping fresh Spark plugs & clean fuel & air filters wd probably be enuf. That said, if u told me “U can increase Horse Power by 15-25hp by installing a Bassani Header Pipe, a Less restrictive air filter and a Power commander”. I’d probably do that. I did install a Barnett racin Clutch in my 900c I think I hav adequate mechanical abilities to swap that stuff. Just wanted to give the engine a break. You said 5 hours to change th air filter?
That’s gotta be 5 hrs to remove & replace the stock Air Filter Housing? Thats even crazy.
I’d rather be riding it. I didn’t mention it but
She got a sweeet new Mustang Seat. No need for a backrest! This seat holds u still like your plugged into th bike! Not sliding around on it!
Thanks again for your time.
*Days r gettin longer!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations! It's a great bike. I personally don't like too many modifications on a great piece of mechanical engineering, but there are plenty out there, if you want them.
I Hear that and I agree! I Just don’t want any restrictions on th engine like the far too restrictive exhaust systems forced by feds on all New vehicles. When u pull that crap off u can almost hear the engine say Thank you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts