GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be needing some tires soon, and I'm leaning toward Bridgestones.
How well do they hold up?
Thanks, and hello.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
This topic has been discused a million times...Use the search feature to find information.

BTY..Welcome to the forum.

later..Randy

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the inconvenience, this internet forum stuff is new to me.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Every brand appears to have their supporters. Everyone has their reasons for buying the tires they do, and they're very loyal to their brand.
I was faced with the same decision not long ago, and wondered about which brand to buy. I bought my bike used, and it had Dunlop E3's on it when I bought it. They worked very well for me while I had them, but were totally worn out and needed to be replaced.
Dunlop has had a supply problem lately, so I was forced to explore other sources. I finally settled on Metzelers, and went with a 70 series on the rear. I'm very happy with them, and only if the life of them is very short will I consider anything else when it's time to buy again.
I don't think you can go wrong if you merely flip a coin and pick a brand. Every brand has their diehard supporters, so there's something good about everything.

·
Registered
692 Posts
No complaint with the Stones. Mileage varies on your riding style. Overall a good tire. For me I have gotten 15,000 out of the rear and 11,000 out of the front and thread still showing.

·
Registered
973 Posts
gwlrhfarm wrote
I thought this was a good discussion of tires that a member of the this forum...that is respected...by the way I bought Bridgstones...
Say what?

·
Registered
973 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
FEDOR said:
I will be needing some tires soon, and I'm leaning toward Bridgestones.
How well do they hold up?
Thanks, and hello.
I just bought a set of stones but haven't put them on yet. I've run D250's and E3's. I liked the 250's better than the E3's... IMO, the 250's stuck better in all conditions. That's why I bought the Stones... they're supposed to be a sticky tire. When I first picked them up the rubber felt different than Lops. The rubber feels more like a handgrip than a tire... you know, very tacky. My E3's still have a few 1,000 miles left, then I'll switch them out.

BTW, as a rule of thumb, harder rubber compound = more mileage = less grip. Softer compound = less mileage = more grip.

·
Registered
750 Posts
My 02 came with stones and thats what I've stayed with. First wing I've ever owned. I ran the suggested pressures and the front cupped at about 5,000 so I increased the pressure and got 12,200 miles out of the original tires. My second set I got a nail in the rear and changed it out. Just ordered a new front tire and the one on the front now has 22,000 miles and it just reached the wear bars. I'm a bit anal about checking pressures!!
43.5-44psi in both front and rear.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
gwlrhfarm said:
I thought this was a good discussion of tires that a member of the this forum...that is respected...by the way I bought Bridgstones...

http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... hp?t=66807
I agree. The discussions on the thread Jerry references as well as a couple of other threads helped me in deciding to order Bridgestones. Just waiting for them to arrive. :D

Todd

1 - 11 of 11 Posts