GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard that putting anti freeze in a tire will keep it in balance while riding?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Has anyone heard that putting anti freeze in a tire will keep it in balance while riding?
And keep them from running hot!!;):lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Dyna Beads and the Centramatics have rave reviews! I use Dyna Beads and they work well. Anti-Freeze is not Pet Friendly, so be careful of the pooch when changeing tires.:joke:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Would work well up here in the frozen North in the winter.

What kind of a freaking mess will that make, when you get your tires changed?

Why does everyone have to come up with a "Better Way"?

Beads are cheap, re-useable and work well.

Sometimes I just get amazed at the ideas that people come up with.

Change and invention can be good, but it can also be bad!

Bulldog

·
Registered
819 Posts
I would be afraid that the tire might slide on the rim if it was wet! Might not want to do any burn outs with that stuff in there.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I suppose on a wing no-one is too concerned about unsprung weight? Maybe the people that bitch about the Wing's suspension are not the same people who use beads (Ah, only one ounce, tho) or other balancing remedies that add weight. And I know that wheel weights add weight, but just a teeny bit, if done properly.

Flame on. Fire suit is nearby.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Would work well up here in the frozen North in the winter.

What kind of a freaking mess will that make, when you get your tires changed?

Why does everyone have to come up with a "Better Way"?

Beads are cheap, re-useable and work well.

Sometimes I just get amazed at the ideas that people come up with.

Change and invention can be good, but it can also be bad!

Bulldog
Beads are cheap but five dollars shipping on two oz. of beads is beyond crazy.

S

·
0 Posts

yes it works just like those sand beads - balances perfectly balanced tires :shrug:

At least it doesn't get stuck in the valve and let the air out like the sand does. :roll:

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
It has been used for years in Tractor tires. Filled up about 3/4 full.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
The tractor I had at one time used a liquid calcium solution...specifically for traction (weight) :coffee1: so you could not spin out while plowing and other pulling functions..

·
Registered
211 Posts
antifreeze in tires

Ran 50-50 mix antifreeze in my last set of D250s, 2 fluid ounces in the frfont and 3 fluid ounces in the front. Ran smooth as glass for 19,342 miles and I had the least amount of cupping in the 5 sets I've had on the bike. See the Pictures posted 4/20/11 in the maintenance section Greytful's Caliente Red 2008 Premium Audio.

No problems with changeover - the A/F stays inside the tire when it's removed. Mount, air up to pop the bead, add A/F through the valve stem, replace valve core, and inflate to pressure.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
The tractor I had at one time used a liquid calcium solution...specifically for traction (weight) :coffee1: so you could not spin out while plowing and other pulling functions..
Yup it's used for wieght on a tractor and have you run over some thing with it where dose all that wet water stuff go...... Bin there and I got the hat too

1 - 20 of 21 Posts