GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is the first I'm hearing about this device. It really looks like it can easily do the job and as you say the price tag is not too steep.

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Its hard to tell from the pics, but the welds and fasteners that secure the arms to the central mount appear to be a bit anemic for tackeling rear GoldWing tires -- but since their tire bars is similar/same to the MoJo, it may work well. Let us know how you do with it.

prs

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Still a little pricey for a basic tire changer. The video did give me some ideas on how I could make my HF changer better though.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I just bought one and hopefully it will be here by the weekend and I will test it out and let everyone know how it went. I have been using the Harbor Frieght tire changer for about 2 years and I broke one of the arms. Yes its probably strong and will last lots of years but of course I got lazy and let it sit in the elements over the winter, my bad, I had been looking at this one for a couple weeks so it gave me an excuse to buy one.

As far as tire irons I do not recommend the NOMAR for the GL1800, it may be great for other bikes but I have already bent two tips. I think it should be better re-enforced at the end. MOJO lever works great, I know they are popular because he is out of stock quite alot. NOMAR tire irons are not strong enough I have bent them and the tips are always loose. Others may love the NOMAR and maybe I am using it wrong but for me, not impressed at all.

I will hopefully have a update for you all buy this weekend on the Tire Stripper, hopefully it will work as good as in the video, and I will be doing it on a tire that has been on the rim for over a year not just put on.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fortuneteller

For an old salt you should know about the hazards of leaving things in the weather :joke:

I agree about the NoMar tire iron, I have the NoMar changer and havn't used their tool or spoons since I got the MOJO.

Following Seas.

·
Registered
839 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hal, When are you going to add this to your inventory? Looks like the best changer for the price that I've seen.
Ralph Wenzl

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
The NoMar tire irons are very good...if you know how to use them? But the tire lever isn't...the MoJoe lever is a very good tool.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
:thumbup: I Want One! :thumbup: I took my wheels off a couple of weeks ago and took them to a bike shop to have my new Avon Cobras mounted. They took off the Dunlops and mounted the Cobras, no balance since I am using DynaBeads. $77.00! I wasn't very happy . I thought that this was a bit unreasonable but they had my wheels and the only way to get them back was to pay up! At that rate this baby would pay for itself in short order. It would also be nice to have so I could help out a few friends too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts