GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got cupping on the left side my front wheel after 9500 miles. Still not down to the wear markers but you can fell the cupping with the palm of your hand. That would explain why the front wobble has become more noticeable.
Looks like I am in for new rubber after this trip to Deals Gap. Hopefully the tire shortage will be over by then.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Mine started cupping at around 12,000 mi on d250's! PSI @40, no wobble and still going!

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
I have heard that road crown contributes to this sort of wear. I also theorize that having one saddle bag empty and the other loaded with bricks could aggravate this phenomena as well. Good luck hunting down some new rubber. Tires Unlimited may get a hold of a few from time to time.

·
Registered
19,054 Posts
As they wear most tires cup

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
You might also want to consider that your left turns are longer, and are normally accompanied with more speed.
Not to mention D250's appear to be far more sensitive to that condition than the others.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Mine cupped at 8700 miles with the d250 dunlops. I just had a set of stones put on and it is back like the good old days, no vibrations in the turns. Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts