GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home on my trip, somehow my speed-o-meter malfunctioned and read 101 mph. Not too sure how that happened. o well. Anywho, at about 100 I could smell rubber. Does a tire change it shape at high speed. I was running a few extra pounds in it (35) to see if I liked the ride better.

When I first put this tire on, it rubbed on the swingarm for about 20 miles then was clear. I'm just wondering if it rubbed again because of high speed.

·
Registered
674 Posts
syntrifical force can do it...

Are you SUREyou did not loose tire pressure?

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
On my way home on my trip, somehow my speed-o-meter malfunctioned and read 101 mph. Not too sure how that happened. o well. Anywho, at about 100 I could smell rubber. Does a tire change it shape at high speed. I was running a few extra pounds in it (35) to see if I liked the ride better.

When I first put this tire on, it rubbed on the swingarm for about 20 miles then was clear. I'm just wondering if it rubbed again because of high speed.
Yes ,most likely . Watch you tube videos Falken/ goldwing or car tire equipped gold wing both show tire changing shape well.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
In the past the solution to those things was to get out a grinder and grind off the swing arm, :lol:

But most likely rubbing on the inner wheel well plastic somewhere.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I know this is extreme, but watch a NHRA drag race and it will show the different shape their tire goes through, in slow motion!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks. I'll pull the tire once we stop having 100+ degree days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts