GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get an original type Bushtec tire? I tried the new ones from Bushtec and they lasted only 6000 miles. Is there another brand that is as good as the original type? thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have 6400 miles on new type tires and they look brand new. What type problems are you having?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Am I the only one with issues with the new style Bushtec tire?
:shrug: I'm not familiar with a "new" Bushtec tire. The ones on my '06 Bushtec has about 20,000 miles on them and they have little ware. On a previous owned Bushtec, I had around 40K on it before I reshoed. :doorag:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Tire

I can't remember the name but the local shop said he could order tires in the correct size. They are for a MoPed. I chose to order from Bushtec and they did not tell me that the new type are directional (can not be switched to even the wear), and they are difficult to get mounted straight. Bushtec customer service is not what it used to be IMHO.

If you ran correct PSI and only got 6k on yours the tires must be defective. :shrug:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tire

Yes I called Bushtec and was wondering if they were the same people. The person I spoke to did not seem very knowledgeable .I am going to go to a local tire store today and see if they have any suggestions. I have a new tire of each type but not sure if I should mix them. The spare is a new orginal tire. Something is wrong if the tires are wore out at 6000 miles. I am also going to try to ck. wheel alignment .

·
Registered
889 Posts
The tires we used to get from BushTec were 6 ply. I understand the new ones are 2 ply. That makes a LOT of difference!!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Here's what my new Bushtec says on the sidwall.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I bought 2 tires from Motorcycle Super store for $26 each, their dual purpose bike tire 4 ply...

·
Registered
889 Posts
Pat,

What brand are they? What specific size did you buy? Seems like those would be a better choice than the two plys!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Rocket,
Do you have any pics of the new tread design?
I'll get one for you Thursday. I have about 3000 miles on mine and they still look new, but they should.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Looks little cheap, for as much as we paid for these trailers they should stay with the original tires that came on them.

Mike

·
Registered
889 Posts
Here ya go!
To be clear (for me!), this is a picture of the new tire from BushTec?

I can't see how that tread design would be optimum for long tread wear for the application of a trailer tire!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
To be clear (for me!), this is a picture of the new tire from BushTec?

I can't see how that tread design would be optimum for long tread wear for the application of a trailer tire!
This is the new tire. I don't know how long it will last. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
We were told at the factory tour (6/11) that the old style tires were no longer available to Bushtec. I don't think there is enough call for that tire to warrant a production for Bushtec alone at any kind of a reasonable price.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Great now we will be looking for CT tires in a trailer size.:shrug:

Mike

·
Registered
889 Posts
I've got this laying around in my garage. Is it what you are looking for?
Maybe! Do you have two of them? What's the ply rating on the sidewall? And what is the age of the tire(s)?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts