GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a nice 4-inch piece of metal with the rear tire Saturday night while on a ride. Long story short, had to have the Wing towed to a friend's garage (it was a lot closer than home and all the dealerships were closed at the time).

I am now shopping for a new rear tire, but since I left the owner's manual in the trunk of the Wing at the friend's house 20 miles away, I am need of a little technical information.

Could someone provide the make/model/size of rear tires recommended for the 2005 GL1800?

And, if anyone knows the most likely place to find one in-stock in the Kansas City area, I would appreciate that info, too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
jcarney84 said:
I am now shopping for a new rear tire, but since I left the owner's manual in the trunk of the Wing at the friend's house 20 miles away, I am need of a little technical information.

Could someone provide the make/model/size of rear tires recommended for the 2005 GL1800?

And, if anyone knows the most likely place to find one in-stock in the Kansas City area, I would appreciate that info, too.

Thanks.
jcarney84,
Since it has been reported that there is a shortage of 1800 rear tires, (180/60R16) you might also consider the Valkery rear tire size (180/70R16). It is a little taller and some 1800 riders prefer them over the OEM size. :wink:

Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts