GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I'm looking for a tire inflation hose with some sort of gauge, naturally. Mine has been slowly dying. Have to keep tapping the gauge to get it to come down. Plus it was a cheapo so I kinda expected it. Digital or analog. Did a search, no luck. Thanks all.
Bullet

·
Registered
10,294 Posts

·
Registered
2004 GL1800
475 Posts
My slime 12v compressor had a built in digital gauge, but after hauling it around the country in my side bag for 2 years the gadget doesn't display any more.
Had to go back to the old stick type, which is not reading the same as my Sykik tpms.

Sorry, this probably doesn't help....

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I carry a small slime compressor in the top case but have a slightly larger one at home from Lowes. It runs on house current or 12 v. this is the current version. I only paid $49.99 for mine but that was about 10 years ago. When we travel with trailer i bring the kobalt pump with an extension cord.

I may have misread your post. I also have a small digital gauge but have no idea where my son bought it. Probably Amazon

Reactions: Bullet Bob

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I'm a JACO fan. Using the digital model in the shop and replaced Tailwind hose and inflator with new JACO coiled hose and digital inflator.

Also available through online and B&M retailers.

·
Registered
2018 DCT Tour
1,236 Posts
I have a pair of Jaco's.
My pressure gauge is digital: rated at + or - 1/2 psi... super accurate. Here on Amazon CLICKY
My Jaco inflator with gauge is analog (cheaper). Based on my digital gauge (above), it runs consistently 1.5 psi low. Since I know this, I allow for it when I use it. Here on Amazon CLICKY2
It comes with their patented lightning chuck, one of the best in the business. I use it constantly.
Bob, I bought them both because one is for reference. I need one gauge I can trust. It's worked great for about a year since I bought it. Jaco is a quality manufacturer and I found out about it by reading other forums. Glad I bought them. A little pricey for both, but likely I'll never have to buy one again.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I have this one. Not worth the cost, even though I'm pretty sure I paid way less when I got one 5yrs back or so. For sure that Jaco with lightning chuck, the chuck is fantastic and you can buy the 90 degree also if you need to. I would consider the Jaco first, or the Milton, but for sure you want the Jaco chuck regardless.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Here's everything you need.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Bought this Merlin digital from Harbor Freight a few months ago and so far I love it !
I bought the same one. Surprisingly, it works very well for an HF item. I tested it with my older digital gauge and an analog. It was within 1psi of both of them.

·
Registered
676 Posts
In my opinion, that cyclepump is WAY overpriced. i mean for something that I would rarely use. At least i would only want it for an emergency on the road. I use a compressor in the garage. Takes seconds.

·
Administrator
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To tell you the truth, I ended up canceling that order through Amazon. Cheap 'ole me checked out the Milton at HF for $25, double checked that my original order hadn't been finalized yet, and canceled it. Hope I did the right thing.........

1 - 20 of 43 Posts