GL1800Riders Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2018 DCT Tour
1,251 Posts
The right thing: me too. I've had some pretty good air pressure gauges over the years, but never owned an inflator with a gauge. I got tired of the back and forth dance of inflating and checking pressure with two different tools. But these days, I've got a LOT of tires to keep up with. With the Honda, I would suppose that for accuracy, it's not that big of a deal as I have the read-out on the dash. My TPMS seems to be pretty accurate. But I can't say enough for JACO's lighting chuck. Just push it on, it locks in place and never misses (or hisses). One quick squeeze and it's off. When doing stuff in the dark or on my knees under the back end of the Honda, it's just a great feature.
Good luck with your purchase, sir.

·
Registered
287 Posts
To tell you the truth, I ended up canceling that order through Amazon. Cheap 'ole me checked out the Milton at HF for $25, double checked that my original order hadn't been finalized yet, and canceled it. Hope I did the right thing.........
I just checked, no Milton. What is the number of the gauge you ordered? Robert.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Sorry to beat the dead horse but JACO is only $40 and 20% off for Balck Friday (need to spend $60 for discount) and free shipping gets it to you for $32. each. Buy one for yourself and give one for Christmas.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have a pair of Jaco's.
My pressure gauge is digital: rated at + or - 1/2 psi... super accurate. Here on Amazon CLICKY
My Jaco inflator with gauge is analog (cheaper). Based on my digital gauge (above), it runs consistently 1.5 psi low. Since I know this, I allow for it when I use it. Here on Amazon CLICKY2
It comes with their patented lightning chuck, one of the best in the business. I use it constantly.
Bob, I bought them both because one is for reference. I need one gauge I can trust. It's worked great for about a year since I bought it. Jaco is a quality manufacturer and I found out about it by reading other forums. Glad I bought them. A little pricey for both, but likely I'll never have to buy one again.
This is the one I have. Looks EXACTLY like the Jaco.. but a bit cheaper. Verified that the pressure is right on with a calibrated guage

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sorry to beat the dead horse but JACO is only $40 and 20% off for Balck Friday (need to spend $60 for discount) and free shipping gets it to you for $32. each. Buy one for yourself and give one for Christmas.
Thanks for the tip Andy, I just ordered 2 for the shop. 20% off and free shipping. 2 nice units for a total of $57.52 pretty good deal I thought.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I recently bought one of these. They run them on sale quite often. It’s very handy for topping off tires. I already have other ryobi stuff so it’s convenient for me. I think other companies like rigid make one also. The digital gauge battery is always charged because it uses the same battery as the inflator. Mine reads about 1.5 lbs more than the Honda sensors so I compensate.

·
Registered
430 Posts
This is what I purchased two of direct from JACO, 20% off and free shipping ..... for the price of $57.52

·
Registered
2018 DCT Tour
1,251 Posts
This is what I purchased two of direct from JACO, 20% off and free shipping ..... for the price of $57.52

This is the exact one I bought. It runs consistently 1 1/2 pounds low which is about what I expected. I check it with my My Jaco digital gauge (which is guaranteed to within 0.5 psi). But it's always the same, and I just compensate for it. I chose the analog because it was cheaper and because I didn't want to have to depend on batteries (for this item) in the future. But I can't say enough about that lightning chuck. Great design.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
I have several air chucks for different applications…. my favorite is the Milton 518… it has a straight snap on chuck that holds itself on and a long hose. It works for Goldwing’s that have 90 degree stems. It’s great for trucks… you can clip it on and stand up and air the tires up. It’s high flow… I have one truck I need to air down the tires to drive it in the garage to service it. I bought it specifically to air back up really low tires. It doesn’t work for all applications on some bikes but it’s great for vehicles and Goldwing’s.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts