GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my tire inspection I saw this. Going to contact my local dealer where I bought the tire tomorrow. Your opinion is welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Now the front Stones are seemingly having trouble. I hope it is superficial. Let us know, I think I'd contact Bridgestone rather than rely on a dealer. That is unless they are a very good one that will stand up for you.
Best of Luck

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just noticed it. Called Bridgestone but already closed. Didn't see where I could attach a picture to their contact site maybe they can direct me to the wright site. Will talk to the dealer and see how he handles it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
From only what I see in the picture it looks like something was in the road and the tire impacted it. I would look inside the tire and see if there is belt damage but still only from the picture it appears to have run over something

·
Registered
119 Posts
looks like the mold didn't fill completely to me. They should replace it.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Its difficult to say from the picture. I'm guessing ther tire manufacturer or dealer will blame low tire pressure. :roll:

During my tire inspection I saw this. Going to contact my local dealer where I bought the tire tomorrow. Your opinion is welcome.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
How long is this?
does it go all the way around the tire?

I disagree that the road or air psi did this.looks like a bad casting that didn't vulcanize properly to me.

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
Railman can tell us if his inpsections had also noted low pressure. If so, even a properly vulcanized tire will come aprat if it gets too hot and low pressure = heat. If pressue was always OK, then I would say defective tire is next most logical choice.

prs

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got back from the local honda dealer and he is going to replace the tire. He saw no cupping so didn't try to blame it on low pressure. So all turns out well.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Just got back from the local honda dealer and he is going to replace the tire. He saw no cupping so didn't try to blame it on low pressure. So all turns out well.
That's great! I'm glad your dealer is willing to stand behind the products they sell!:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I think it's the tire. If you lok at the center grove in the top of the photo they appear to follow the grove and are curving to the left.

·
Registered
513 Posts
is,,, some 'air pockets' when the tire was molded,,being vulcanized. really wouldn't hurt a thing,,,but it's pretty good of the dealer to replace it... more than likely as the tire got some more miles on it,,these 'casing air pockets' would have shown up a few other spots as well.

bc

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Excellent news! Any indication from him on what he thought it might be?

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
At first I considered road damage. Then looking close, looks like air voids in the mold casting that are opening up in that area.

I would simply say it is a bad tire. Bad mold job.

Could be road damage, just does not seem to click , bad mold is my idea

1 - 18 of 18 Posts