GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set from Motion Pro, on delivery. What do you use? I also have their rim savers ordered. The irons are 11in.

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
With the MoJo Lever I don't even need the block anymore, I can press enough with hands with it, even on really stiff tires/tyres. I also have NoMar spoon sets that work, but not as easy as the MoJo. I did have to learn how to use the MoJo and thought it was junk at first, but it was "my bad".

prs

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
I have the No-Mar tire changer and the big No-Mar tire tools but rarely use them. Run the tire around using the bar and finish up with the Motion-Pro spoons. Have some 8" and some 11" (approx). The reason I like these is that they are very slim and you can take a smaller "bite" on the tire. They can get into smaller places than the big tire tools.

The Motion-Pro spoons are also excellent for other that Gold Wing tires, and a must for tube-type tires.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I use the MojoLever, and a set of Motion Pro 16" levers / tire irons that I have. Blocks are not needed, but I have them and use them to ease the workload somewhat.
+1

I'm an old-school, pure tire iron type of guy. I'm not real big and strong, so I have to be clever.

And, I have to say that those 16" Motion Pro tire irons are the sh*t! I have two. The curvature on those things is brilliant!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The harbor freight bar works fine for me to remove the tire from the rim but not so good for mounting so I made my mojo lever knockoff. Works good and makes mounting easy. Cheap too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts