GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The paint dot that the tire manufacture puts on the tire to indicate the heavey or light side of tire? If I remember right, AVON doted the light, and most everyone else doted the heavy part. Any good memmories out there?

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
I think each maker has his own; I have seen a nice reoprt of that here -- maybe Fred Harmon sent it - or BullDog -- I bet the "dog" knows. WIth Dunnies, align the yellow dot with with you rrim's heavy spot -- typically close to the valve stem. Avons are not marked. Metzelers have a red dot, but I dunno what it means. Bridgestone has yellow dot at light spot to align with or near valve stem.

But my memory may not be so good as it once was -- not even as good as it was once.

prs

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
You usually put the dot in line with the valve stem.

Avons don't have any reference dots to my knowledge.

Hope this helps
8)

·
Registered
9 Posts
:?:
WIth Dunnies, align the yellow dot with with you rrim's heavy spot -- typically close to the valve stem. Avons are not marked. Metzelers have a red dot, but I dunno what it means. Bridgestone has yellow dot at light spot to align with or near valve stem.
Pigon Roost: Why Dunnies heavy next to value stem
Bridgestone light next to value stem.
David
:?:

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Bridgestones yellow dot to the valve stem. Metezler red paint mark to the valve stem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts