GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought i would post here about a excellent place to get tires mounted in delaware, the name of the place is Sparkling Image, located across from entrance to Delaware park on rt4 in stanton, took a tire that i bought online in there last week, mounted and expertly balanced for $25, they are a shop that builds some of the sharpest crotch rockets you ever saw, they also do outstanding paint and powder coating on site, taking all the chrome off my wing this winter and they are going to powder coat it a contrasting color, very good price and i hate chrome. i am not affiliated with them in any way, didn't even know they existed til last week, they have a website but i am a computer dummy so you have to look it up, they also told me they have no problem mounting a car tire on a bike rim as long as i assume responsilbility, i run a car tire on my 1500, anyway, i thought you might want to know about them, i recieved first class treatment there even though i was on a wing. just found their website, here it is
www.sparklingimagecc.com

mike aka moonlite

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mike, thanks for the heads-up. I had forgotten about them. I had a friend that had some some work done there also and his experience was the same as yours.

By the way, nice rig! What car tire are you running? Are you using the stock rim? I've been considering going that way at my next change.

What chrome are you planning to shed? Maybe we can work something out! I guess I'm still attracted to the shiny stuff!:cool:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i hate chrome

Mike, thanks for the heads-up. I had forgotten about them. I had a friend that had some some work done there also and his experience was the same as yours.

By the way, nice rig! What car tire are you running? Are you using the stock rim? I've been considering going that way at my next change.

What chrome are you planning to shed? Maybe we can work something out! I guess I'm still attracted to the shiny stuff!:cool:
Hi Skip,
I run a 165R15 car tire on a HT Wheel, they are a special wheel made by Harry Tarzian, he is located near state college pa, they are quite pricey but if you are going to keep your scoot for awhile it will pay for itself after about 5-6 tire replacements, the 164r15 tire is the vw beetle tire and cost about $50, i have already replaced it 3 times, been getting about 20,000-25,000 miles out of them, m/c tire costs about $150-180 and last me about 5000-6000 miles, they also are rated for more weight, braking is improved and in my opinion handle just as well if not better than a m/c tire, there are reports that just surfaced recently that there is a tire, i forget the size, that can be put on the 1500 wheel, don't know for sure and i ain't much on this typing crap but i have a idea, if i remember correctly, on a previous post you said you work in pa, if you travel RT41 to your job why don't you stop by a take a look, i have the bike apart right now and you would be able to get a good look at the wheel combo and i will find out the size of the tire that some are trying and give it to you and we can sling the bull around for a few minutes, i probably will be reassembling the bike tuesday getting ready for a trip to looseyanna in the next 10 days. i live in Hockessin, which is on the Pa -Del state line, or give me a call at 302=234=0141, as i said, i ain't much on this typing stuff and i would rather talk in person or on the phone, look forward to hearing from you and best wishes.
mike aka moonlite

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.