GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in about 3or4 wks I will be getting a new csc trike and was wondering what tire preasure you who ride csc trikes have in your rear tires? thanks deer hunter

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
in about 3or4 wks I will be getting a new csc trike and was wondering what tire preasure you who ride csc trikes have in your rear tires? thanks deer hunter
All I know about a CSC is not much. But across the board it seems all the Trike folks do reccommend low pressures like from 22 to 24 PSI. I think they do this due to the inherent nature of a Trike on rough surfaces to ease the ride.

In my limited and short time on a Trike I have added air to the tires, and run 30 PSI, and see no extra wear as of yet on the center tread, and it does give you better gas mileage. On mine I cannot tell any difference in the ride with the few extra pounds in the tires, as on a rough broken road, it is simply rough, tire pressure does not seem to make any difference in that circumstance.

On a smooth nice road, mind runs so smooth I think I could take a nap.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I run 26 psi on my Champion

·
Registered
754 Posts
every rider will have a different answer. BUT most will say 22 -26 it all depends on the diver and what he feels is right for him....on my CSC I run 23 psi

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Playing with tire pressures........never one to listen to recommendations. :lol: Went for a little 160 mile jaunt yesterday, finally the rain stopped and the sun did shine. All things came to a halt so had to make time to play.

Left the house with 32 PSI in the rear, bear in mind these are lower profile 17 inch tires. It rode like a lumber wagon on rough parts of the road. So down a bit to 28........nope still did not like it.........down a bit more to 26.......nope......then down to 20........whoops that felt like a mushroom......so stopped at a station and tried 24/25. That seems to be the magic formula for my tires.

Now they are cooled, and checked and aired up cold at 24.

Front tire, which is the BT45. Always had heard of the buzz in the front, had run the 45 on a two wheeler before but no buzz.
At 41 on the front there is for sure a buzz, so down to 36 in that one and all is well.

Final result for me......is 24 rear.......36 front. Running setting 10 solo just for a ride with a nap, jump it up to 30 two up, and about 40 to 50 for blue light speed. I am still playing with that part.

But.....but.......the front will cup........well so if it does I will just replace it. I do not need 108 thousand miles per tire, more interested in comfort and the ride.

Oh ya two wheelers best watch out.......Lol......I am getting less skeered of not being able to lean, and in those sweepers I am pretty sure I can outrun you..........:twisted::twisted::lol::lol: Now those reverse turns off the interstate I think it best to just behave.

I am certainly enjoying the Trike, a stable platform with I think a great deal more safety at stops as you have time to look and look again and you are not concerned with unstable footing and that kind of thing. I am enjoying being a lazy rider and it does seem to me that vehicles do see you much better.

Should have done this before now. Like I have heard, it only gets better..........:thumbup:

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Kit. Real happy you are enjoying your trike. Can you tell me id it's an independant or a solid suspension????? If you posted it here before, I missed the post. Ride safe my friend. Roger

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Kit. Real happy you are enjoying your trike. Can you tell me id it's an independant or a solid suspension????? If you posted it here before, I missed the post. Ride safe my friend. Roger
It is the independent suspension with an air pump and little suspension bladders to adjust the ride with a button. Now not griping but I do just have to say, that as rough as it does ride at times on rough roads, I would sure hate to try to ride a solid axle Trike. A set of velcro pants I would think be in order on a solid axle........;) Keep you fastened to the seat. Lol!

Not a concern to me, just part of the new experience. It is not a caddy with A/C and plush seat, it is a very responsive three wheeled motorcycle. A dog sticks its head out the window for the same reason I like to ride.

Oh.......have not tried it on the road just yet, but yesterday evening hunted around in the garage and found an old set of Kury risers. That brand has two shims per side an angle shim and flat shim that is not real high. Instructions say, you cannot use small shim with angle shim.....well I did not listen and put the two per side flat shims under the angle shim each side. That raised the bars 1/4 inch at the tree and about one more inch at the bar. I had in the past replaced the junk bolts with good high strength ones from Fastenal........riding it around in the yard seems to be the solution......have not took it on the road yet.

I think one would not want them too high.....a bit low is good from that arm lock in the curves, easier to push down than level or up.

Lehman Trikes has a great article on tire pressures. A great deal of knowledge and wisdom found sometimes from those with experience rather than opinion.

·
Registered
30 Posts
in about 3or4 wks I will be gettinis 42 a new csc trike and was wondering what tire preasure you who ride csc trikes have in your rear tires? thanks deer hunter
Just triked my 06 this winter with csc cobra xl..recommended is 42. I have been running 40, for almost 400 miles. Rides nice, might play with pressure testing.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I use 41 for the front and 26 on the rears.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts