GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, question on tire pressure, i recently bought a new wing 08, and have been running 38 in the front and 41 in the rear, i ran 40ft,50 rear on my voyager (metzlers ) and got pretty good tire life out of them always, is the pressure i am running now (fac tires ) ok, or should i try a different setting. thanks joe

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Different dealers say different things. Mine told me 41 in front and 41 in back. I have heard some go higher. I would rather have a few pounds to much than to less, that seems to wear the tires more is underinflation.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I was running 41 in the front and rear but i was finding it was to sensitve to body movements . Today I dropped it back to 36 , rideing solo that seems to have cure that issue. Tire wear is a differnt story , cant comment the bike has 1500 miles on it so far

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Tire pressure

41/41 keep it simple.
Buckskin

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello Ks!

I called the Dealer in Bartlesville OK.
And Bob the service man told me to run 41 in both.
That was for my stock tires though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey,thanks for the replies, i think i will go with the 41 in both, i also only have 1500 miles, it will have 10000 on bye the time winter rolls around ;) thanks again

·
Registered
477 Posts
Dunlop recommends exactly what you are doing - 38f/41r. Honda recommends 36f/41r. I spoke to the Dunlop motorcycle expert at their corporate offices. He told me that 36f might result in a smoother ride but you are more likely to experience irregular thread wear patterns at 36f than 38f. I go with 38f/41r per Dunlop.

·
Registered
202 Posts
On my '03, which by the way, has 183,000 miles on her, I've always run either 41 psi fr/rr or 42 psi fr/rr. 1 up/2up no difference. Present tires have 42 psi and just turned 18,000 miles, probably could for 1 or 2 K more. Elite 3s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts