GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AmI running the correct air pressure on my Kumho 195/55/16. I got it set at 32 psi and I see all different numbers from some of you?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have settled on 32psi on mine, I first tried 30, and went up from there. It seems 30 gave a nice soft ride, but felt a little wiggley in the back. 32psi stopped the wiggley feel, and seems to wear across the tread properly. If you run more air, I think it will wear more in the middle. Wallacem in Ga

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Depending on how big you are and how much additional weight you carry (passenger, trailer, extra gear, etc) will all play into the PSI. 32lbs is a good starting point though for a RF. I started at 32 and found that my tire is wearing a bit quicker in the middle so I'm down at 30 now (I'm a bit of a light weight at under 150lbs totally geared up).

You're in the right ball park though but may want to adjust up or down based on the ride you want and your tire's wear. You'll just have to do more riding. :thumbup: That's one of my excuses for riding more anyway. :lol:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I preferred 35 psi on my Kumho . . .

I got the wiggly feeling at 32. I do weigh a little more than the average bear . . .

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
There is no set in stone psi, it's what feels good and works for you!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I preferred 35 psi on my Kumho . . .

I got the wiggly feeling at 32. I do weigh a little more than the average bear . . .
I would say your average for a bear ;)

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
AmI running the correct air pressure on my Kumho 195/55/16. I got it set at 32 psi and I see all different numbers from some of you?
I weigh 185 lbs these days and ride solo 90% of the time and I keep bike light,unless camping. Ran my Kumho even across at 32 psi and dropped down to 30 psi occasionally. Never felt a wiggle at 30 psi . Note Kumho got best milage out of 5 different tires I have ran.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Correct is where it feels right for you. I like 34, some like 28. The whole idea of going dark is to make you more comfortable. I found 32 gave me a bit of a rolling feeling in the curves, 34 stopped that. The center may wear a bit fast, but I still get better mileage with the CT.
Run what feels right for YOU. You are the only one that matters in this respect.
Best Wishes

·
Registered
393 Posts
Mine wore out even with 32 PSI in it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts