GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, I just joined the darkside this week and love it. I have an 01 that I mounted a Michelin alpin PA3 ZP 195/55-16. I put 32 psi in and like the ride, but would like to get even wear out of it. I ride 2 up 90% of the time, with a combined weight of around 400 pounds. I'm not a peg scrapper, but I like to roll the throttle from time to time. I would like to hear from people who are running a similar set up. What psi gave you an even wear? I also have the bike traxxioned if that makes a difference. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I am running a Vredestein run flat at 27 psi may bump it up to 29 psi.

·
IronMan
17,463 Posts
SHOULD BE ALLRIGHT 2 UP - I RUN SOLO AND HAD 26/27 CENTER STILL WENT FIRST :cry: GOT 23,500 SO NOT COMPLAING :bow:;)

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
32 may be a good starting point, based on your description of your riding norms. Keep good track of the tread wear and adjust accordingly, as the tire will show you what to do.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Hello folks, I just joined the darkside this week and love it. I have an 01 that I mounted a Michelin alpin PA3 ZP 195/55-16. I put 32 psi in and like the ride, but would like to get even wear out of it. I ride 2 up 90% of the time, with a combined weight of around 400 pounds. I'm not a peg scrapper, but I like to roll the throttle from time to time. I would like to hear from people who are running a similar set up. What psi gave you an even wear? I also have the bike traxxioned if that makes a difference. Thanks for the info.
welcome to the Darkside first off.
My guess for you is 30 psi living and riding where you do .
So when are you going to meet me for your share of Darkside cookies ?
Again welcome and enjoy the safer smoother ride .:thumbup:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
welcome to the Darkside first off.
My guess for you is 30 psi living and riding where you do .
So when are you going to meet me for your share of Darkside cookies ?
Again welcome and enjoy the safer smoother ride .:thumbup:
I like cookies!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Darkside

WELCOME to the Darkside. Good luck. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts