GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a g704 for a fellow rider to mount for him . $175 best price I could find delivered. He does not want the Darkside under him. I also got a Kumho run flat delivered for same price for another rider for a few pennies more. Point to be made it's now a fact we do not run BMT's for the cheapness of them. With a little digging,, there is a few run flats even higher price than MC rears. The safety,traction, reliability,and wear now shine even more for us car tire idioits !!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Yes, the per tire cost for RFs are just about the same as Moto tires. But many get more mileage out of the CTs making there cost/mile operating cost much less. :thumbup:

I initially thought I switched to a CT for safety. But because I'm a car tire idiot :)joke:) I failed to understand that if I'm safer, I'm less likely to be in a wreck. Crashing costs a bunch of money. I guess I switched to save money after all. :oops:

I just ordered a g704 for a fellow rider to mount for him . $175 best price I could find delivered. He does not want the Darkside under him. I also got a Kumho run flat delivered for same price for another rider for a few pennies more. Point to be made it's now a fact we do not run BMT's for the cheapness of them. With a little digging,, there is a few run flats even higher price than MC rears. The safety,traction, reliability,and wear now shine even more for us car tire idioits !!

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Wing Nut,

M/C tire prices are out of control. Actually, tire sales for most vendors are loss leaders.

Shipping a tire runs from $12 to $16 each, depending on weight and destination. There is no such thing as "Free Shipping"....LOL

We do our darnedest to keep things affordable, and still stay alive.

At some point, Meesh and I are going to have to change our plan from a "Hobby" to a business...LOL

Thanks

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Wing Nut,

M/C tire prices are out of control. Actually, tire sales for most vendors are loss leaders.

Shipping a tire runs from $12 to $16 each, depending on weight and destination. There is no such thing as "Free Shipping"....LOL

At some point, Meesh and I are going to have to change our plan from a "Hobby" to a business...LOL

Thanks

If you really think about it, you're right. I just had a rear Stone put on a few months ago and already have 5K miles and like most tires in the past will be doing good getting 10K out of it a year later ($175+ $50 mounting). I have gotten over 11K on 2 rear Dunlop's on a '06 Kawasaki 900 and waiting to see what mileage I get out of my first Stone on an 1800.
Seriously thinking about a CT and heard good about the Goodyear Triple Thread.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Wing Nut,

Thanks
Let me know when you're ready Dave, I'll be glad to help!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

If you really think about it, you're right. I just had a rear Stone put on a few months ago and already have 5K miles and like most tires in the past will be doing good getting 10K out of it a year later ($175+ $50 mounting). I have gotten over 11K on 2 rear Dunlop's on a '06 Kawasaki 900 and waiting to see what mileage I get out of my first Stone on an 1800.
Seriously thinking about a CT and heard good about the Goodyear Triple Thread.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I got 35% more mileage out of my first RF tire than I did on the mc tires on the bike when I bought it. After that I quit checking the mileage because even if I got 35% less mileage and had to pay 35% more for it, I would still run the RF for the way it handles and the safety factor. I took the valve core out for two days riding in parking lots and back and forth to work on a well used car tire. The most difference in the handling that I could tell was pushing the bike backwards out of the garage in the morning to go to work. Other than that, it felt a bit different, but not weird or unsafe.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I got 35% more mileage out of my first RF tire than I did on the mc tires on the bike when I bought it. After that I quit checking the mileage because even if I got 35% less mileage and had to pay 35% more for it, I would still run the RF for the way it handles and the safety factor. I took the valve core out for two days riding in parking lots and back and forth to work on a well used car tire. The most difference in the handling that I could tell was pushing the bike backwards out of the garage in the morning to go to work. Other than that, it felt a bit different, but not weird or unsafe.
Now here is the right attitude of a true Darksider!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Wing Nut,

Thanks

Bulldog
Well I'm glad your still here to help us out. also glad that you had them metal tire valve in stock and beads reminds me I have to get some beads for my tires soon. thanks again Did you get the front conti tires in yet I might just try them next.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Well,

If your buying tires, do it now as prices have been climbing 8% a month on them. Buddy of mine works at a tire shop and mentioned it when I said about the difference in price ahen I bought my first one 2 years ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts