GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called around for a new front tire .Looking at the dunlop elite 3 prices varied from 147.00 - 250.00 for the same tire . Asked the guy who first told me tire was 207.00 and free mount and balance then he checked the computor and told me the price was 250.00 with free mount and balance.Was going to get it from Hal but the place I bought my bike said they will mount and balance tire for 167.00 .Also the mount and balance prices varied from free to 20.00 if I buy my tire there ,If bring own tire in they want from 25.00 - 60.00 Guess who wants 60.00 the same guy who wants 250.00 for the tire.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
But from Hal, he has a sale on right now, save 10%! Take the wheel off yourself and shop around! Discount tire or some other tire shop, local Mom and Pop may do it! Take the rotors off yourself first, label left and right and don't over torque when putting the rotors back on. Good to go.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I DO NOT LIKE DUNLOP TIRES bought a pair of bridgstones for 289 del. from hal i take tires and wheels to aur.honda cost 35 dollars each to change them:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
If you are going to get your local dealer to change your tires there is one thing you might want to check on. Some dealers have an extra fee added to the price if the tires are not bought from them.

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
MTs have creeped up there $$$:roll:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I'm also shopping for a front tire, but I'm not looking at E3s. I currently have Stones, but am pricing both Stones and Metzelers. The best prices I found are right here at my local Honda dealer. Bridgestone - $108.00, Metzeler - $137.00. Mounting when the tires are purchased there is $20 each. Not too shabby.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
If you are shopping, look at HDLs site for a front Shinko - $136.

But all brands have their plusses and minuses - Shinkos plus is price.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
You guys have got it good with tyre prices over there try about $300 to $350 for a rear mc tyre about $200 to $270 for a front tyre :cry:

CHEERS :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Tire and battery prices have jumped up quit a bit in the passed 2 years, for cars and motorcycles. :?

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
i always replace both tires
no exceptions

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
MTs have creeped up there $$$:roll:
Any why are they still "up there". The dirty rotten bastages explained the initial raise in prices due to limited supply some time back when the Chineese were supposedly hogging-up all the materials we (US) are supposed to hog-up. Then the price of oil, the raw material, skyrocketed and the dirty rotten bastages touted that as a reason to keep the prices hight or tho jack them further. We, now; and for quite some time now, the demand from the Chineese or anyone else within the global economy, has practically vanished. Did the prices for MC tires follow suite? Now the price of crude oil has also been bouncing along historic lows; did the price of MC tires follow suite? Gasoline prices recently increased locally despite significantly concurrent decreased crude oil prices. The Petrolium institute spokesperson released the responst that the "price increase was due to lower demand for fuel" --- DUHHHHHHHH?!?!?!?! :22yikes:

The cosumer gets raped coming and going.

prs

·
Registered
911 Posts
I just bought new tires...Bridgestones...F $130, R $170 in Canadian dollars...which is an excellent price...if I bought these from the US it would be more because of the exchange...can't believe I got them here in Cdn dollars, the same price you pay in US dollars....ride safe....

Scott

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Regardless of where you buy your tire, just make sure to check the date. A nice low price for a tire is not such a good deal if its already 5 years old. Deal with someone who moves a lot of tires constantly refreshing the inventory.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts