GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice.

Wife and I are on a trip from Ohio, and are currently in McCall Idaho. We got a flat rear tire about 40 miles from town. I was unable to get a normal size sticky rope plug installed on the roadside, so I put 3 or 4 of the skinny dynaplugs in the tire. It held air long enough to get to our hotel in town, but it is still leaking slowly.

I am currently running a Pirelli Euforia run flat car tire. It looks like there is a mom and pop tire shop in town I will contact in the morning (it is currently Sunday night), perhaps they can patch it better than I can.

The nail was stuck in one of the shoulder blocks, and went in at an angle, so I am unsure if the tire shop can easily patch it. Thoughts?

I am not stuck on having a car tire at this point a standard MC tire that holds air is better than a run flat CT that leaks :)

First time with this type of issue on the road so far from home. Kind of leaves you feeling stranded :)

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
tire

Tom, Get some rest. You have earned it.

Adventures happen when plans

go wrong. Good luck.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom

I am not sure how to help you in McCall, I am in Boise and if you are heading down this way I have a used Dunlop E3 that I would be willing to let you have if you need it. You can pm me if this will be any help.

Paul
Paul,

Thanks for the offer. I plan to get up in the morning and contact the 2 local tire stores in town here in McCall. I am sure neither will have a run flat CT replacement in stock, but I am hoping they can at least put a decent patch into the tire.

Once patched, I am planning on heading to Boise (Hampton Inn in Meridian actually). Looks like there are a large number of tire dealers in the area, perhaps one might be able to get me a run flat.

If that doesn't work, it looks like there are 2 Honda dealers in the area, Carl's Cycle, and Canyon Honda that would hopefully have a rear tire in stock. Any opinions on these 2 dealers?

If all else fails I may PM you and take you up on your generous offer.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
9 Posts
Canyon Honda will be the dealer to use. If you want a new car tire you can get one at Les Schwab but they will not be able to mount it. If you do get one I can give you the name of a shop that will mount it for you. You are more than welcome to call me for any help. I live in Meridian. I will send you a pm with my phone number. Please call if I can be of any help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts