GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about turning to the Dark Side. what tires and sizes do some of you run on your wings. was thinking about going with some kind of run flat tire.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Michelin Alpin PA3 ZP and Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS are the top contenders now in 195/55/16

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
I'm thinking about turning to the Dark Side. what tires and sizes do some of you run on your wings. was thinking about going with some kind of run flat tire.
The most popular size is 195-55-16

The two most popular tires at this time is the Yokohama® Avid Envigor ZP And the Michelin Primacy Alpin pa3 ZP

What Pooch said!!! He beat me to it.

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
i ran wanli rf and was happy with $88 shipped -is rf -v rated -got about 17,000 out of it. mich3 got 23,500 but twice as much $$$ just put on yoko envigor today . got deal on it $110 so went on !!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Michelin Alpin PA3 ZP and Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS are the top contenders now in 195/55/16
There ya go the best top choices of Runflats and the size that will fit in any wing without issues .

·
Premium Member
5,635 Posts
I have my third Alpin on the ground and a Yoko just arrived on the FedEx truck.

Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,375 Posts

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I like the Bridgestone RE960AS pole position run flat. $133 at tire rack plus shipping or $146 at discount tire. Tire rack has a video explaining how much better it is in comfort ect, vs previous run flats. I'm sure Michelin and Yokohama are great too. Bridgestone is the only one I've run, and it's only been for a couple weeks, but it's working good so far.

·
Registered
49 Posts
CT

I just put a 195/55/16 Yoko Avid envigor, don't know why i didn't do sooner. Little soft in the turns but assume that is normal since the sidewalls are not as hard as MT's. much better over bumps and smooth one the HW.:doorag:

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Am very happy with the bridgetone drive guard RF so far. Great amount of thread, Its a fairly new tire and comes in more than one speed rating, so need pay attention which one you purchase. it was $133.00 shipped

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I am liking my Vredestein real well but agree with the above.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what kind of mileage are you guys getting from the Michelin and the Yokohama tires? How much pressure should i use in them?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
what kind of mileage are you guys getting from the Michelin and the Yokohama tires? How much pressure should i use in them?
That depends on riding style, somewhere from 3,000-25,000, depending on your style. Maximum mileage for me is 28psi on either tire.

·
Registered
49 Posts
For me I run Yoko avid Envigor and run it at 42 psi
For my weight and riding style it works great for me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What kind of prices are you guys finding for the Michelin Alpin PA3 ZP and the Yokohoma Avid Envigor ZPS I was quoted $247.95 for the Michelin plus tax and was told the Yokohoma was about the same. Sounded a little salty to me.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I paid $180.00 shipped for the Yokohama from Tirerack about this time last year and $160 for the Michelin at Sam's Club a couple years ago.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
What kind of prices are you guys finding for the Michelin Alpin PA3 ZP and the Yokohoma Avid Envigor ZPS I was quoted $247.95 for the Michelin plus tax and was told the Yokohoma was about the same. Sounded a little salty to me.
You really need to learn how to do internet searches :lol: - $152.00 at TireRack - http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Primacy+Alpin+PA3+ZP&partnum=955HR6PRPA3ZP

There are other sources - this just happened to be the first one I grabbed. You can also get them from Discount Tire among others.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i finally found the time to look up the tires at Tire Rack, i was busy all weekend. i ordered the Yokohoma Avid Envigor ZPS it is scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday. I hope to get it mounted on Thursday and give it a tryout. Thanks to all here for your help.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
i finally found the time to look up the tires at Tire Rack, i was busy all weekend. i ordered the Yokohoma Avid Envigor ZPS it is scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday. I hope to get it mounted on Thursday and give it a tryout. Thanks to all here for your help.
You should enjoy that tire or any RF for your first car tire. I'd suggest about 30-32 psi for starters and see what you think about that. Keep an eye on the center wear if you go up into the 40's with a RF. If you go to a NRF then you want to keep your pressure in the low 40's.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts