GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its time to bring the 2018 GW DCT over to the Darkside, was there on my previous ride Kawasaki Voyager.

Have seen the post for correcting the Rivco trailer hitch, Thank You Lab Rider?? and am in the process of doing that enhancement.

My question/concern does anyone have experience with removing the CT from a 2018 GW DCT that has the Rivco trailer hitch?
Where you able to lay bike over on its side and get it out that way?
Did you need to remove hitch receiver and remove it out the back?
Or another way.
Looking to know what I might expect while on the road.

Once I get the tire on the bike I will probable do a trial removal, but just looking for others experiences.
Thanks

·
IronMan
17,090 Posts
Pretty sure can do layover check ds forum or google it

·
Registered
311 Posts
Aloha Trevor MA,

I believe this was talked about earlier. Let me see if I remember right. If not someone will correct me I'm sure.
If you are running the 195 series CT's, you should have no problem removing the tire laying the wing on it's right side.
Now if you want to run a 205 series CT, you will need to switch to a Bushtec trailer hitch. (There could be other hitches, but I'm not familiar with them)
A 205 series CT will rub on the Rivco trailer hitch.
I run a Bushtec trailer hitch with a 205 series Drive Guard and have not had any problems. It is a little tight installing and removing with bike laying over, but can be done with patience.
I can remove tire either way, lay bike down or through the rear on center stand, but the rear section of the trailer hitch must be removed if you want the bike on the stand and not lay it over.

Those are the only 2 hitches I have experience with and I have not seen the post about correcting the Rivco hitch.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info hawnwinger.

I expect to go with the 195 tire so you have verified that its not an issue taking it out the bottom, since you run the 205 tire.

Lab Rider in his "Rivco Hitch and Car Tire" post shows the adapter that will extend the hitch receiver back 1.25" so the rubbing issue is taken care of. He runs the 195 tire.

Looking forward to seeing how the GW handles with a CT.

·
IronMan
17,090 Posts
thanks for the info hawnwinger.

I expect to go with the 195 tire so you have verified that its not an issue taking it out the bottom, since you run the 205 tire.

Lab rider in his "rivco hitch and car tire" post shows the adapter that will extend the hitch receiver back 1.25" so the rubbing issue is taken care of. He runs the 195 tire.

Looking forward to seeing how the gw handles with a ct.
post your thoughts when put some miles on it . Enjoy !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts