GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m running a 2015 Goldwing Trike with Fusion tires on the rear. I’m getting a lot of road noise and wondered the best tire option for replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,790 Posts
Sorry I can't help but maybe a good friend of mine from NC could help. He isn't on the board everyday. He has ridden a trike for many years. How about some help @Old Fred

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I’m running a 2015 Goldwing Trike with Fusion tires on the rear. I’m getting a lot of road noise and wondered the best tire option for replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have a unique situation because you are running like a car on the back end of a trike. That being the case, I relate to this by going back to my cars and searches for tires.

I am currently in the grips of winter, so the cars all have winter tires on them that have noise like crazy (until you get in .5^ snow-then they go totally silent). But in the summer, I found that the Yokohama AVID ASCEND to be an awesome tire on the misses Camry. They are not good in snow, but I have that covered, they have been ok in heavy rain, albeit, slow down if I see puddling on the roadway. They run nice and quiet for me.

I spent big time on Michelins for my Avalon and regret the $1000.00 spent on squirm, noise and heavy wet weather performance (poor). I sure would like to have another chance at the Avalon.

16B1E0B7-3F10-43C8-B26E-CBAF1D0C05DC.jpg

Not promoting any tire dealer, just did a google for the tire image and discount was the best imagery. I have used tire rack and discount tire in the past though with no issues.

If I was on a trike, I would not be disappointed with these, knowing what I know now on the Camry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts