GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a count and it looks we have about 200 sets sold on our regular website and about 15 sets sold thru Paypal.

So I am sure by mid-day Sunday we will have to close it down. Sorry but it was first-come, first-serve. And our limit was 250 sets.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Even so...

Sales like this are what makes this a great site. I won't need tires for awhile, but when I do, if you offer a sale similar to this, I will be taking advantage of it! :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hal,

THANKS again. I did not need them either but bought them anyways. Thanks for the great price now if I can get the lift figured out so the next time I can take the tires off my self and bring them in...

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I guess I lost my prediction that they would be sold out by Noon Saturday.

Especially with Dunlop still being on strike!

Oh Well Hal, I owe you a Sandwich and a beverage, somewhere.

Bulldog

·
Registered
503 Posts
Heck of a sale

You have the get um while you can. These kinds of sales don't come long very often. I don't need tires right now but I bought a set anyway.

The last Metezler tire sale from Hal, I got a set for $200.00 shipped! That was when the hurricane damaged his store. I keep catching the Metezler's on sale and I keep buying them. I figure I have been running Met's since about 1999.

Thanks Hal!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just ordered a set for my '06. Won't need them probably until early next riding season, but couldn't turn down a deal like that.

Hope I like the Metz. As is usually the case, everyone has an "opinion."

Thanks Hal,

Jim

·
Registered
574 Posts
bought my set and i havent ridden in a year. (but ill be in 2 weeks!~!!!)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Order placed. I hope I'm not too late :(
Thanks for the deal Hal.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I just want to know one thing. How many people bought them who said they would never buy Metzelers again?

I only bring this up because I read so many posts bashing them. I have bought several sets for my other bikes, and have never had a problem with them.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thanks Hal for the sale......... I have always bought Bridgestones, so this will be first set of Metzlers....... I will base my opinion upon use... I have always said NOTHING but Stones for me.......... Time will tell.... thanks, Bob

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
And you had any doubts this crew wouldn't suck up on these tires Big Guy??

Let the Metzler Rep know you'll do it again. Hell, let all those tire pushers
know. With good pricing this crew can flat out wear their products out!

Bradford

·
Registered
537 Posts
Bulldog,

I told my Wife that you made me do it!!! :wink: :wink: I placed my order at 2am last night. Brian

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
She is a smart women, for trusting you, Marrying you, and listening to what you tell her "Bulldog" said...LOL

Dawg

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
Bulldog said:
I guess I lost my prediction that they would be sold out by Noon Saturday.

Bulldog
Your prediction would have been correct if I would have ordered the 25 sets I promised. Can't believe I missed a sale on Metzelers. :wink:

I was just too busy riding 350 miles the last couple of days. Guess I got side tracked! 8) LOL....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts