GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading Time magazine at the dentist office today and we are not the only people experiencing a tire shortage. The mining industry has a major tire shortage as well. These are the tires for those very large dump trucks....the ones with tires as big as a small truck. It seems with all the renewed mining interest they can't make them fast enough. They are going for up to $60,000 a pop. It's so bad that they are digging up tires that were thrown away in land fills and refurbishing them. The guy that owns the shop that does a lot of the refurb had a tire come back in for refurb that he had donated to a local playground a while back...still with the bright paint on it. Now that's desperate.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
A local tire shop said that 2 of his suppliers had rear Elite 3's. Two suppliers and their printed price list had them within a dollar of each other, $264.00 for rear only, cash n carry. Available, but at a rather high price

I was talking to a hot tub dealer and he said that their prices have gone thru the roof. $11,000 today for a unit that was about half that price two years ago. I guess if it has anything to do with the petroleum industry, it's going to be costly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts