GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know the status of Metzlers? In stock? Back Orders?

·
Registered
21,092 Posts
quickest way for u to get the correct answer is call Honda Directline

1-888-693-1011

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Got a pair from dealer stock about a month ago..... installed and working great (until the 40-degree temperatures arrived :( ). They didn't have any Dunlops (my first choice at the time), and had no definite date when any would arrive. They also had Avons in stock, but (for some strange reason yet unknown to me) the Metzelers just looked better to me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Unfortunately, 2 weeks ago on Saturday, a screw found its way into my rear E3 with only 15,000 and I had to replace it. Honda Direct Line had a Metzler at my door on Wednesday so I could go to Fla. For the Coast to Coast ride the next weekend. I will put a set of E3’s on order in the near future and hope. . . . .

Steve

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
The tire status is "0" and getting worse.

Sure you can find a rear tire here and a front tire there but not necessarily from the same manufacturer. Or in the 60 series as speced for the Wing.

Once in awhile, a dealer will get a fill on a back order, but that does not fill the cavernous hole that has been created by the tire manufacturers.

The tire shortage is real! If you find a tire that you use at normal prices, I would highly recommend that you purchase it. Either for yourself, or to help some one out that has a need greater than your own.

Once the Manufacturers get back on line, this will go down in history that "no shortage ever existed".

I have not read anything, whether Dunlop is still on strike or not. Anybody know?

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Looks like no progress ............

Goodyear Strike Continues
Oct 23, 11:03 AM EDT

A strike by employees of the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company is entering its third week, with no end in sight. The union says despite hardships caused by the strike, it's members are prepared to stay out as long as it takes to get a contract they feel is fair.

USWA Local President Dennis Battles said, “We're trying to keep our people upbeat with the prospect that in the near future they'll call me back to Cincinnati to start back in negotiations. We ready anytime the company is willing to sit down and talk."

So far, that call has not come.

From the union's point of view, the issue is jobs, now and in the future.

"We want to keep all the USWA plants running here in North America. We want to keep these jobs. We don't want to see our jobs go overseas," said Battles.

Meanwhile, the strikers are resolved to picket for as long as it takes.

“Well you know things get tight but we're gonna make it. Some things are worth fighting for," said Tom Johnson.

"We're here and we're gonna stay here until we get a fair contract from Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company," said John Morgan.

Goodyear says their goal is to reach a fair contract with the United Steel Workers that enhances the company's competitiveness in the marketplace.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Joker,

Sounds like they have the Rev Al Sharpton for a spokesman.

With winter on the horizon. Christmas, Income taxes, property taxes and regular expenses, it won't take long for the "rank & file to break bread at the table.

In the early stages of any strike, there is always a great showing of strength and chest pounding. When reality of life sets in, the strength weakens and the resolve to get back to work heightens.

Even with unemployment and union benefits, a man prefers to earn his pay by working.

Closing of plants and out-sourcing labor is always an option, that the American worker is afraid of.

I hope it works out well for everyone. And we will pay higher prices for tires as a result.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts