GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/b]I must wonder. "Why do you do me like you do, do, do? My eyes are still blonde and my hair is still blue."

Why does Mother Honda specify tires that are apparently so poor? The tire makers seen not to be able to make a sticky tire that won't cup out or vibrate or need to be replaced pretty darn soon. I've been out of biking for awhile, it this standard fare for all modern bikes?

The early reports on the Avons are apparently no better as folks say cupping is showing up very early. I hear Dunlops are cats arse slik on tar snakes and paint stripes and water. Looks like the newer 'stones" are best of all evils so far.

Also consider the GL1800 as the Honda heavyweight cruiser. Folks load them down and pull trailers and ride for mile after mile. Then why does the super sport bike, the Valk, have stronger, higher profile tires? I have only checked the Dunlop site, but their charts show the 70 profile Valk tire to be sof significantly stronger (higher weight rate, higher speed rating) than the similar GL1800 tire in 60 profil. Further consider the speedo error which is evidently no significant error at all if one were to use the 70 series tires and you really gotta wonder what in blazes Mother Honda was thinking! They put the super sport tirse on the touring bike and the touring tires on the super sport bike. Is that pretty much accurate, or do I have it all wrong?

I have read postings where folks are using the Valk tires on the GL1800 and they say it works fine --- but they may be biased. I have not seen comments about cupping or vibration by those few folks -- I wonder what the straight and narow is?

prs

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I hear Dunlops are cats arse slik on tar snakes and paint stripes and water.
Tar snakes, or any painted lines or arrows should always be considered slick, especially when wet, no matter what brand of tire you are running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts