GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the TireGard Trike TPMS. I use it on my 3 rear wheels. All three read about 3 lbs low.
Anyone know if this can be calibrated to read actual tire pressure? I can live with it the way it is, but would like it to be close to actual PSI.

EDIT to add: I was asked why I think my external gauge is right and the 3 TireGard were 3 lbs low. It is because I have three different style
gauges I compared them with.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Just a quick question. You in effect have at least four tire pressure gauges... One on each wheel plus at least one external gauge.

Three of the four gauges are in agreement reading X psi, the fourth reads X+3 psi.

What makes you think that the fourth gauge is the one that is correct?

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I have the same TPMS and has always about 1lb off from my trusted accu-gage. There is no way to adjust the sensors so I just keep in mind that the actual pressure is 1lb less.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
my TireGuard reads the same as three external digital gauges I have...
.. which reads the same as a calibrated gauge I used for the airplane.

Dennis

·
Registered
225 Posts
I believe mine reads about 3 pounds low as well.

·
Registered
792 Posts
The AccuGauge carried in the trunk matches two sticks kept in the garage and my 2-wheel version TireGuard consistently reads 3# low F/R. Sent the first one I received back for the same inaccuracy amount. When the second one arrived and it read the same way, I just resigned myself to the consistent less-than-accurate readings and do the mental adjustment.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
hey....i know sometimes i loose a little air just checking them.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts