GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I expect for tire lead times these days?

Don't want to get caught waiting for tires when I need them but don't want to buy too soon either.

Is it better or worse for different brands? Front/rear?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
If you are close to needing tires, I would recommend that you consider buying another brand until you're comfortable with buying Dunlop OEM tires. At least that's what I would do, and that way it also gives you an idea if you like other brands.

I don't know that I would have any problems buying tires from a first run of the new start up at Dunlop because they still should have the same quality control and testing requirements as before.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
I bought a set 2 weeks ago. Mounted the rear tire on my extra wheel.

THe E-3 is about 1/2 gone on the front, rear Dunlop 250 about the same.

Bridgestone 704 & 709 for my bike.

G

·
The only Dunlops we have seen in the last 10 months were some front tires for the VTX1300. Nothing else has shipped and I talked to the Dunlop distributor yesterday and they have no knowledge of how quick any will be shipped from Dunlop. Its still a waiting game.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
The only Dunlops we have seen in the last 10 months were some front tires for the VTX1300. Nothing else has shipped and I talked to the Dunlop distributor yesterday and they have no knowledge of how quick any will be shipped from Dunlop. Its still a waiting game.
Thanks Hal. How bout Metz or Stones? Are they readily avaiable?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts